No More Sunlight in Bot Matches

Why? Just because you have to play PvP? You can grind It.

Same for me, but with the extended period they literally aim to get direct purchases. Super bad as before atleast that was one of a reason to use the epic keys when you have all the heroes and almost all the skins. Now they unvalue even more the keys bundled with ice deals. As you know, pure ice deals with x2 are non existent now as they give the most value.

You can see It that way or think of It as a way of encouradging people to play an actual match.

Edit: i agree that the PvP experience is the worst we’ve had

I think it goes either way, depending on the player’s reason for playing bot matches:

• If they have a goal such as getting rewards, accumulating heroes, etc., I guess they might play more PvP matches.
  • If they’re just out to play a quick match for fun, or with people of wildly differing skill levels (like my kids) without the risk of toxicity and crappy matches, they’ll play a different game.

Not to mention the fact that losing a game will nett you far less sunlight.

Farming bot matches when low on time can get you the required sunlight more efficiently than a losing streak…

2 Likes

True, but again, you are not supposed to grind sunlight in bot matches.

I need to reserve 50 minutes for a single 5v5 ranked match with all the dodging and non accepting ques… This leaves me with blitz matches…

1 Like

True, they are mean trying to make you play a PvP mode in a PvP game, how dare they?

Pvp game? I thought this game was about having patience… Patience with the que time, patience with the rampant dodging, patience with your allies who have no clue, patience with the matchmaker…

Maybe 20% of the actual game/wait time is about skill vs skill…

Nice off topic. For all that complain about the MM, not the sunlight. This game is, at its Core, a MOBA, which is a PvP game.

1 Like

Removing talents would fix so many problems for the casual playerbase…

3 Likes

And ranked/casual 5vs5 vs players is what? Not everyone likes to play blitz. Why sunlight should be only achievable when you play blitz/br? Shouldn’t be for everyone, especially as the primary modes are 5vs5 and 3vs3 after all. Both takes a lot of time as @Xaldarian said + if you lose the sunlight award is low.

I never said that… Sunlight should be achievable in all PvP matches…

But I got Silvernail from the Rare chest?

1 Like

honestly sunlight is very low , like i think a bot blitz gives you about 6 sunlight , and you need like 36 or close to complete one slot of sunlight !

i play bots all the time for the glory , because iam not going to waste time playing long standard pvp match to get 3 wins or brawl modes full of broken talents , i play bots and get my 3 wins then maybe play some pvp games later , i just make sure i get my daily 3 wins by playing bots , because sometime you get mad of a pvp game and close the app then forget about your daily wins !

A blitz with bots that goes the full 5 minutes, with the player using an SE skin gets 35 sunlight. Each globe is 60 sunlight.

(Since SEMC doesn’t tell us how much you earn per match and per skin, I did some testing.)

EDIT: Forgot, that’s also with the all access pass active.

wow 35 i actually finish them in 2 minutes , i didnt know about the sunlight
are you the one they talking about by saying exploiting the system hehehehe
i get 6 all the time , maybe i got more with my golden skaarf skin but i dont remember a 35 sunlight .

Lol, maybe, who knows? The stupid part is (as @shutterfly pointed out elsewhere) that THIS IS THE SYSTEM SEMC SET UP. Unless people are doing something nefarious like using some kind of hack to get sunlight without actually playing a bot match, THIS IS EXACTLY HOW THEIR SYSTEM WAS DESIGNED TO WORK.

That’s why I think their “explanation” is nothing more than an excuse to eliminate one way for people to earn rewards and push them towards buying sunlight levels.

I think that’s a very shortsighted move, of course, because I think it will result in (1) people who are looking for a very casual, fun experience will play other games instead and (2) if they make sunlight harder to earn, they’re likely to sell fewer battle passes next season.

5 Likes

they probably preparing us for a hard grind sunlight with more rewards because they already introduced the sunlight skip !

man i was shocked from seeing blueprints sales ! is this new , did they do that before , i remember skins and heroes sales , like who is going to buy a blueprint instead of buying the skin , i dont know it doesnt make sense .

maybe they expecting people going to play pvp more ? , i dont think so , ill continue playing bots for the glory , until they remove the xp and glory , then ill delete the app.

What do you mean? I don’t see BPs for sale in the market currently. :wutx3:

There are certain BPs I’d buy – I have about 118K essence, plus a bunch of duplicate BPs I haven’t bothered to destroy.