Is it wrong of me to purposely tilt the game?

When I clearly states my role and position…

And the person doesn’t.

I am tired of being a support(not tired as in irritated) and I wanted to go lane every one a while…

So I stated I want to go lane but the person went ahead and choose gwen. So I purpose went my choice of lane… and we obviously lost. But I got most kill obviously. So then the person added me asking why I can’t go support… and I asked back…

The user can’t support and I told him/her to learn being one and next time state your role and this would happen.

2 Likes

To answer the question you posed in the title (and assuming you mean “throw” rather than “tilt”):

Yes.

1 Like

But… i stated and even told them that I want to lane… and they didn’t say anything…

Well it’s known in soloq that picks order important than roles , so first pick force their picks and others deal with it , that’s why when I end up last pick I have no idea what Iam going or doing until others decide their roles and picks .

Unless you one day decide to pick toxic name like , carry or throw , carry or dodge , carry only , then your team probably feel offended and deny you the role or they follow to keep it positive .

Like I would like to see stats like the number of people ended up last pick and they want to carry in 3v3 or bottom lane in 5v5 and they ended up picking their picks without someone taking them .

So you essentially had a temper tantrum and ruined the match for everyone. Exactly like the kid who wants to play shortstop but gets put in left field instead, and who then proceeds to sit on the ground instead of doing his best for the team.

Throwing a match is a deeply selfish move. If you were in my guild, I’d kick you.

1 Like

Still not cool, you have 8 more players that suffered from your decision, all while they did nothing wrong.

I mean, I get what he’s saying and why he did it. That’s a little harsh, but just my opinion. I will say this; if you’re later in the draft, you have to accept you don’t have as much of a choice. If I’m after pick 5, I don’t declare and wait to fill. If I’m pick 5 or earlier, I declare a role quick that I want. Even then, sometimes if a later pick wants the role I do, I’ll ask them if that’s what they’re best at and will consider changing my pick, despite being earlier in the draft.

I understand your frustrations, @TadashiN, but I’d encourage you to view it as draft oder = order of role preference. Earlier picks can be assumed to have higher priority.

Once I put which roll I will fill, no matter how the draft goes I stick to that position, even if that means to have 5 players in the same lane, just because I don’t care about elo, so I couldn’t care less about teammates’ elo

Well, there are certainly a couple of people here I won’t ever play with, that’s for sure.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind going roam, what I can’t stand is how people doesn’t respect others choice and then expect them to fill and adapt. If they want the position I locked in, they just need to ask me, but obligating me to play a role I didn’t select, that’s what I won’t do ever

4 Likes

Iam captain and I end up roaming even if I don’t say my role in the draft , but I actually would like to fill if someone going to ruin the game for their pick , like I never do something like @TadashiN here but I would gladly give him his desired role over ruining my game , but I didn’t know from the beginning he is going to stick to what he wants and not accept that others wants what he wants and got earlier pick order .

And it’s bad when you see two players fighting over a role in draft , and you try your best to make things go positive but noting happening and you know that you going to have a bad game after the draft ends .

The problem comes when someone who didnt say which role will choose decide to not fill, then is when I just stick to my role. Again, I don’t care about my elo, so I won’t play something I don’t want to play just because someone decided by god’s choose that I have to play any other role.

Edit: I will have with my teammates the same respect they have with me, I they don’t respect my choose when I first lock, then I don’t have to respect someone who locked after me, it is as easy as that.

thats not the soloq spirit , I have no idea why you guys playing soloq with this mentality , even if you don’t care about your elo others care , and because they care they sometimes pick their best picks without knowing you better than them with it , or you could be better than them with the other roles.

2 Likes

THIS. EXACTLY THIS.

@VaKTaBi, I hope I never run into you in solo queue. Seriously.

1 Like

If it makes you feel better, I do the exact same. Well as in “keeping my position” even if someone decides to rudely take it.

BUT I only do that when someone (a egotistical annoyance) talks down to me in draft chat.

I selected top lane and the person below decided to call me out and talk trash. Funny thing is that this same person even found my discord on the VG server and told me to kms :joy:

It amazes me with the type of people that exist at t10

I only stick to doing that when something like this happens:
Suppose the third player wants bot, the fourth player wants bot, and I want jungle. The fourth player switches over to jungle and im like wtf. So I just take jungle regardless. There really is no point for captain for people who are undecided in what role they want, sometimes it shows them as just playing a carry role for the sake of it being a carry role.

I never bother fighting over roles in soloQ, 98% of the time ill be a voleenteer captain that can also fill as a top laner. My expectation for SoloQ is non existent since if you expect too much it looks more worse than it could be, so i let my allies mind their own business during draft and during the match.

2 Likes

In one of my 5v5 games in the draft chat two players fighting over the bottom lane , and I didn’t decide my role but I told them if one of them can jungle I can captain , they both ended up going bottom lane and taking each other’s farm and diving turret sometimes and just camping there , at least in 3v3 if they both want to lane or jungle I could lane or jungle as a third , but in 5v5 it’s a mess like I have as a jungler to cover the missing lane while I didn’t plan laning from the draft and my hero could be bad for that lane .

See, this is why I dislike playing 5v5 (or any Draft mode really).

Players are not cooperative at all in most games, and not one would give leeway to others choices unless they are the type to play Captain on a regular basis.

It would not be a problem in Draft if people bothered to use the role and build type indicator, but nooooo! The community demanded for such a simple thing and yet I barely ever see it used at all.

These factors are why I prefer Rumble and ARAM.

Rumble allows the most inept compositions to work thanks to skill and/or luck as well as the overall smaller map reducing the need for map awareness (a skill most sorely lacks in 5v5). Plus, you can get over a poor match quicker as 10 to 15 minutes of time spend in Rumble doesn’t feel as bad as 25 to 30 minutes spend in a 5v5 Ranked match.

ARAM is similar in a way to Rumble, but heavily relies on the roll of luck. Both teams can get great to just weird mix of heroes.

1 Like

… I …

I am kid. :frowning:
Yikes… won’t do that next.time