Is 5v5 killing Vainglory?

What evidence are you referring to? The only objective evidence I’m aware of is queue times. The picture they paint is catastrophic.

That’s not objective evidence, considering there are many people who do NOT have horrible queue times, and consistently so.

They literally just added an entire mode, which added 3 queues each of which requires 10 players before a game can kick off.

Queue time of course extends in that scenario.

The objective evidence is that Broken Myth has had twice as many page views this year as it had by this time last year. I believe VGpro has also seen a substantial increase in searches. Both of those suggest an increased audience size.

2 Likes

Neither of those suggest anything of the sort. 5v5 came out completly flipping peoples knowledge meaning people scrambled for everything they could get. Vgpro seeing more searches on to it probably due to the fact that other apis are shutting down, or not keeping updated plus SEMC is endorsing them. Those used as evidence aten’t strong at all. Now with the vainglory api if i undestand riggt there should be a way to parse active player ids this would give you the information you need for proof if it was recorded than done again in a few months

3 Likes

I can vouch for that from an SEO POV. Both of those sites (importantly) had quite consistent SERPS rankings revolving around the game… prior to 5v5. And those numbers are perfect lenses to compare against.

1 Like