I am going to start calling this game Vaingreedy

Btw, everything in vg is cheaper when compared to another moba. I dont mind to spend money for vg but after update 3.0 i stop spend money since so many dramas happen in vg. I will wait until the next one season or two…

okay i checked lvl 40 chest on yt. it gives 1k ice. niceee. Btw why isnt the battle pass available in sea yet?

Its available for me.

This text will be blurred

dafaq. how. how much ice u got? It says coming soon. Is it avaliable to people who have enough ice for it?

I have like 50 ice :slight_smile: and I didnt buy the pass

did u buyy the battle pass???

Other stuff to make VG some money without making their players scream bloody murder (looking at you, blueprints):
-Profile pictures, maybe use the chibi characters from their sticker app and some splash art closeups (i personally nominate gwen’s ass to be her closeup). Make about 15-20% of the ones you’d release free while the others will have a low ice cost (5-30 depending on the art)
-Unique splash art options for the front screen stuff like battle scenes, unique locations or art for background characters like the witch or the Gythian council (these will probs be the most expensive, 200-700 ice)
-Emblems. There will be ones that can be earned through gameplay (Number of matches won/played in different gamemodes) and ones with fancy effects that have to be bought with a moderate ice cost (30-99 ice)
-Some comics that can be read in-game, these will just be hero encounters other hero/location and a bunch of weird/funny/depressing stuff happens and wont be connected to the lore (20-40 ice)
-and for the love of god give us better merch

Yes, and he left for a reason…

The battle pass isn’t available to all players yet. This is apparently intentional on SEMC’s part. I don’t know when/if that’s going to change, but I think it’s a shitty thing to do to part of your player base.

1 Like

um, i’m in SEA, it’s available to me. Maybe because I’m F2P player?

is this the start of individual pricing for all players?
sounds like semc tries to turn their game into a social study on how much sh!t people can swallow before jumping ship.

1 Like

They’re probably checking to see how well it’s received, perhaps making it available based on account age, before rolling it out globally. Everyone gets the same rewards as long as they hit level 50 whether they buy the offer now or the end of spring, so it honestly doesn’t matter. You’re getting free ice and a ton of goodies for doing something you probably would anyway, SEMC gets people to buy ice, win-win.

1 Like

but if it is soo good, why not give it to everyone?

and there is no good reason to base this offer on account age. if they would do that, they would exclusivley try to sell it to the new players. an old player like me doesnt need the battle pass, its nice but useless to me.

1 Like

I don’t agree with all of OP’s exact explanations and reasonings but I agree with the overall conclusion. SEMC has used questionable money making tactics as time has gone on. Chests AKA. loot boxes for example. It doesn’t matter if other games have this, it’s still predatory. It’s just that this is a industry wide problem and not just SEMC. They’re just going along with the flow. I hate how they decided to RNG (almost) EVERYTHING.

I’m fine with the battle pass, if you grind you’ll make back your investment and if you don’t, then whatever, that’s your decision when you first bought it. You KNOW what you’re getting for it.
Direct hero and skin purchases aren’t really an issue either IMO, if you want it early, you pay. A week isn’t a long wait. You want a skin? you pay. That’s basic business i think.
Talents are P2W but i’m ok with it since I don’t care about my “rank” in bliz or BR. The only bad thing they did with this is how they actually displayed an actual rank number and called it rank when they refreshed the UI.

The blueprint chests and system are messed up. once again, RNG. (though I have been dropped around 4(?) blueprints i think from quest chests)
Their currencies need to be fixed, too much dilution. it makes rewards and RNG from chests even worse. but i think the whole currency thing is more of a artifact from failed systems SEMC tried to implement.

I meant to imply it was targeted towards newer players but since you seem to have got it that’s obviously incorrect. I don’t know what criteria they’re basing it off of, I just know that it’ll eventually reach everyone so there really isn’t a problem. It’s just another ice deal but it involves you playing the game. Most games which offer something like this don’t give you your investment back entirely plus so much extra, it’s a good thing SEMC’s doing.

I was actually agreeing with your opinion somewhat on combining the two, but having set rewards for the free AND paid versions and being transparent about what they are.

My complaint with the battle pass is they’re adding it to an already bloated system as another attempt to take your money, since the first few failed. And for me it’s a case of “If I didn’t want that THEN, why the hell would you think I want it NOW with a different coat of paint?”

I just feel like they’re just trying to throw the latest fads in microtransactions in but completely forgetting to remove all the other crap.

1 Like

I did mention that the direct purchases are the most fair, passable things that they do. I do hate on the first week ICE only thing because I’ve seen similar games pull off a less exclusive system. Maybe I’m spoiled by the PC free to play version of this.

Also, this may be VERY unpopular, but another possible fair monetization method: charge a decent amount (Smite is $30 I believe, as is Battlerite) to unlock all heroes. Whenever a new hero releases, you’ll have it. And you just made a massive amount of money without cutting into your cosmetic sales.

This could work? But i think SEMC is trying to make long term money off of hero sales so I doubt they’d implement it. Plus they kinda already created something like this: the all access pass. But I hate it since it’s temporary and it’s really a waste of money for new players (old players don’t need this obviously).

1 Like

As much as I love this game, I agree with most of these points, especially about the Blueprint system and lootboxes. The reason why I dislike the Blueprint system is that the only way to obtain them is through the revered lootboxes, and considering the fact that I’m a filthy f2p peasant, it feels like I have a higher chance of getting killed by a sharknado than even getting a Rare skin Blueprint, and even if you do get a blueprint, good luck getting the needed Essence, as from my experience, you rarely even get a starvation ration’s worth of Essence. The only reason why I’ve tolerated Blueprints is because I have about a few thousand essence in reserve and a couple of blueprints I’ve obtained for free back when SMEC overhauled the Skin system. Even the card system wasn’t this infuriating, as I was able to easily grind for low-value cards, and even though getting the required Essence for high-value cards was a chore, I liked the fact that I was able to get skins as a f2p peon, as most of the time, ingame cosmetics are only obtainable though money. I also dislike the Opal currency, as obtaining them seems nigh-impossible, unless you reach Sunlight level 50, and when you reach that point, you only gain a starvation ration’s worth of Opals. I have mixed feelings about Talents, as some of them are blatantly op, especially Ardan’s Epic Talent, which in my opinion, is the most op Talent in the game, simply for being able delete 75% of your health at minimum even with a crappy wp or cp build, while some I feel are good, and there are a few talents I think are as useful as a fully functional doorknob on a wall, such as joule’s Rare talent, and since talents can be upgraded, op Talents are able to be even more op. Overall, however, I don’t really have strong feelings nor opinions on Talents.
tl;dr, I dislike the current Blueprint system and I don’t really have strong opinions on Talents with a few of them being the exception.

3 Likes

how is it taking your money when the give back the whole thing if you get lv 50 + 50 ice extra?

3 Likes