I am going to start calling this game Vaingreedy

A the amount of rewards before than outweighs the ice spent
B all the rewards are retroactive

1 Like

Community: we want better 'x’
SEMC: we need money for that
Community: Smeckles is being greedy :rage:

I don’t agree with SEMC’s lootbox model, but I don’t think they are being greedy either. They still produce high quality content that you can purchase directly with ICE.

7 Likes

Honestly while I don’t like them I understand that it is an easy way to allow players a cheaper option to be able to get the same things. What I disagree with the loot boxes is a blueprint box should hold only that and special boxes with a skin attached should be 25% Dr of that skin with ice and blueprints filling the rest

Because you’re still spending money. You paid them regardless.

Yeah and you get more than what the amount would pay for

if you try to compare SEMC before and after him, you’ll start to realize

You also have to remember as a baseline if your company has a real end of the year profit during the first couple years you’re a fluke

The point he was trying to make with runes is that they’re 100% FREE ever since pre-season. Back in the day you could buy runes with RP straight up, but they eventually just made them IP only, and now all of the runes have been reworked and are available to all players without having to pay BE.

Yes, not everything will be free in league but what they offer such as free chests and keys for being a good sport or playing really well as X champion feels nice. Skins will never be free and it’s fine because some skins are worth the price and are relatively cheaper compared to VG skins. Sure Riot has much more experience than SEMC but I have VG’s skinline seems to have been improving recently which is ok.

Vg skins aren’t that much honestly but I have also spent 300 buck on an equipment set for dota

They cant be greedy just look at all the free stuff u got over the years… lol, if you just want more it means your greedy. Monetazation isnt too bad and everything is earnable for free but i would like a blueprint glory box or shop system.

1 Like

how do i delete this comment? blaaa

"Q. Why can’t I see the Battle Pass?
A. We’re working to roll the Vainglory Battle Pass out to everyone as quickly as possible. Not everyone will have access on launch, but check back to see when Battle Pass will be available for you!"
I guess the battle pass is random? And later everyone gets it? Good for me cos imma get my 1k ice from lvl 40 chest soon. And i m already lvl 50. SO i guess the moment i buy the battle pass, i can get back the 1450 ice and all rewards?

Yes, that is how it works. The rewards can be claimed for Sunlight levels you achieved before purchasing the Battle Pass.

New draft screen, hiring a renowned composer to create adaptive music for sovereign’s rise, continually improving sovereigns rise design with new effects like ripling water reflections, expanding the lore universe with creative things like multiple choice stories?

I was unaware these were primary drivers of revenue. I better quit too.

1 Like

Semc is a company they exist to make money they aren’t a npo. Saying that is a bad thing means you want a npo moba with no driving intrest in improving

skins are meant to be rare and hard to get, the skin system before was way too easy to get them, all mobas pretty much rely on skins to earn. If you want all these things fixed they need money to do that it’s not easy nor cheap.

2 Likes

Except they’re really not that rare. They’re just now restricted to the “WHAAAAAAAALES” who will spend multiple hundreds of dollars on mobile games and loot boxes.

Remember, folks. If you heavily support a company you get referred to as a large aquatic mass of blubber

1 Like

Or if you choose just buy the skin with ice. They aren’t rare? How many skins have you gotten for free? You want to see expensive items go look at Dota2 things 2k for a courrier skin. 1k for a weapon for 1 character.

I wasnt talking about gameplay. And why do people only look at my first statement. But you cant disagree to the fact that everything in vg is monotonous. I loved collecting skins by grinding. Even that i cant do now. I still play a lot and ive got 50+ blueprints since they came out but its just so random. I cant get the skins i want anymore. Blitz is shitty cos of talents. I dont mind playing with and against talents. But i hate the fact that some talents help take down the gold miner and turrets easily and that makes it boring. Talents were supposed to be for fun. I dont understand how ridiculously increasing the damage done(eg idris rare and ardan E) makes it “fun”. Ranking is boring too. I get nothing out of it. Theres so purpose. SEMC decide to give everyone t6+ an ardan skin. Thats just so lame. Whats the difference between a t6 and t10 then? Why should i rank up when i m getting the skin anyway? If i create a new account and win 5 ranked games, i get to t6 lmao. We wanted ranked rewards so that we had something to grind for and not so that we’ll get a free skin. I want to feel rewarded for spending time on the game. First the daily chests and then skins, the grinding nature for both are gone. Everything is random now and that disgusts me. All semc has been doing lately is finding ways to make money. Its been quite a while since people have been wanting things to grind for but SEMC hasnt been doing anything.

2 Likes

Let me tell you one thing clearly. Lets say there were 7 f2p players and 3 people who are ready to buy stuff with money. Now, by making the skins harder to get, the 7 f2p players will still remain f2p. They arent gonna spend shit. All that semc is doing is creating discontent between f2p players. Just making skins harder to get via grinding wont increase semc’s profit lol. If you think an f2p player is gonna spend money, youre so darn wrong. And just so you know, the grinder that i am, it took me almost 2-3 months to get a L skin of the old system cos we needed to get both R and E skins for them. And the new L skins took almost one whole season. Getting 5.6k essence wasnt “easy”

3 Likes