Genshin Impact

Anyone here in the beta for Genshin Impact by miHoYo of Honkai Impact 3rd fame??? As expected, the art looks FANTASTIC, and I’m sure the gameplay will be too, based on my experience with HI3!!!

2 Likes

One of the characters from the game: Jean, the Dandelion Knight (painting by Sean “Raiko” Tay)

1 Like

I honestly love the feel for the game.

Also fun fact, the game faced alot of negativity in china cuz the players were calling it a BOTW rip-off. Which the style certainly does look similar but I hope the genre of the game is more different.

1 Like

Genshin Impact has been released for pre register in CN. I expect Global in a couple of months now.

1 Like

Is this in mobile or for PC/console??

I really don’t know whether or not your talking about the game as a whole or the preregistration but.

They game as a whole will be on PC and Mobile. But right now, the preregistration is only for Mobile.

2 Likes

OooooOOOOOooooo … I’m so happy it’s going to be on PC!!!

I meant the game hehe also will that be a crossplatform or separate (like PC to PC only)?

Most likely Crossplay! (Based from Hi3 which was ported to PC and is crossplay)

1 Like

Yep. The players were complaing about how Hi3 is storage heavy (5-6gb needed) on mobile so they made a PC port for it. And seeing how Genshin looks, and how the beta was on PC, probably crossplay as well.

1 Like

Genshin is out for ios, 28th for the doors to open tho.

1 Like

Awesome – will check it out! (Probably after my instrument checkride, though!!! :flushed:)

1 Like

The game is EXTREMELY heavy (storage wise) for mobile, so im just gonna download it on my PC and save my phone from a early death.

1 Like

I downloaded the PS4 version a bit ago and from what I’ve played so far, it seems pretty fun, but I have noticed a bit of unfortunate stuttering. Not sure if it’s the game itself or just my slightly potato wifi combined with the lack of an ethernet cable plugged into the console though.
Anyways, despite that and my garbage pulls, I enjoyed what I did play. I definitely couldn’t help but make the parallels with BOTW though given all the similar gameplay mechanics. However, I still find it really great for a free game and I would assume that a lot of people that haven’t had access to BOTW would find it to be good alternative.

2 Likes

i just saw what the rates were and they’re atrocious :skull:

1 Like

It’s a bit sad how the game has some of the worst gacha rates on the market rn, especially considering that the game’s gacha has both weapons and characters, so you might not even get the characters you want if you do pull a 5* because the game is otherwise fine… At least the main story is clearable 100% F2P from what I’ve heard.
I don’t think game will be one that’ll join my main gacha lineup. I for sure don’t have anything against the game like those trashing it for being similar to BOTW, but even with all the different gameplay mechanics, I feel like the rates are really yikes and playing it put me more in a mood to play BOTW instead tqbh. I do feel like I’ll be playing it here and there if not for doing some pulls that might draw me in.

2 Likes

Third time of me trying to reply with a positive attitude but i cant seem to accomplish that…

Anyways the game is fun despite its multitude of problems, and as you said before, it is 100% f2p-able. I’m AR19 and the game seems to be a lot of grinding but atleast for rn it isnt that much. Until botw2 drops, Ill probably keep playing Genshin for the story and afterwards who knows.

1 Like

I’m having fun with this game too so far, have it on my ps4 but came to same gripes as you guys, pulls are quite eh, my first 10 pull was horrible with the fact I realised a pull can be mostly weapons and 1 character if they guarantee a character drop that is, my first try I got one character and it was actually a story character that you get in the prologue phase, had I known this was possible I would’ve definitely held off till more in to try get characters

Aside from that it is fun but not something to get too into, gacha stuff is not great but at least with the base characters it can be ignored, having fun with amber so far being my fav

1 Like

Wait. Yall are in the Na server right?

Add me!

I think I’m on sea/Asia, I dunno how to tell and I’m on ps4 which means I didn’t get to pick my server, life of Australians, it’s sometimes a coin toss between na servers or Asia servers in games

1 Like