Free Ardan Skin for Ranking

I don’t play ranked and I’ve spent a good amount of money on the game. But I only spend money when VG has good deals, the Ice is to overpriced IMO to spend on it regularly.

1 Like

Every single article on the internet suggests competitive gamers spend more… SEMC appear to spending their marketing budget targetting competitive gamers (esports). And they spend a fortune trying to provide a competitive experience.

What’s the point discussion it with you, I can’t pull SEMCs figures out of thin air, and since your not going to accept anything less it’s futile debating it with you. You stick to your “assumptions” and I’ll stick with mine.

GG

Once again, I am not the one making assumptions. I am simply questioning yours.

You seem to think this is a personal attack or something. I am legitimately interested in this issue, and not only as it pertains to SEMC and Vainglory.

As for SEMC targeting competitive gamers with esports, well, we’ve seen how that worked out … :oops: On the other hand, Overwatch has been wildly successful in esports, so it’s not necessarily a bad strategy, though perhaps you have to have deeper pockets and/or a much larger player base to make it work.

1 Like

You gain nothing? What is glory, sunlight, guild points, fun, experience, and finishing quests?

Actually in Moba games the biggest loss of money per player are the more competitive ones(pros and high ranked) they play more using more resources while they buy little to nothing.

1 Like

I’ve not taken it personally, I could post links to numerous studies about competitive gamers (not pros I’m referring to hardcore gamers who compete) proving they spend more than casual gamers. But since that doesn’t directly translate to VG, and since I can’t provide verifiable evidence of SEMC financial spend by player I cant prove my assumption.

I can’t think of any other hobby or sport where those who commit casually to something outspend those who take it competitively.

1 Like

Mobile gaming is very weird in that aspect you have you competitive gamers which pay some to a point than stop, your whales who buy everything and anything just to say tgey have it, and your grinders

Studies sugggest “whales” spend similiar qty on mobile and pc based games and that they play competitively. Worldwide there are estimated to be 47 million of these “whales” and as far as developers are concerned they’re a significant target audience as they spend far more than there casual gaming counterparts.

You’re right pro players contribute little in terms of revenue, in fact these players often subsidised by game companies to play their game (hence e-sports).

I’ve not made wild claims in this thread, it’s something I looked into when I played CofC competivetly (CWL etc) and it’s an area I’ve researched. Those who play competitively usually seek to gain an advantage (same in any sport or hobby) and are far more likely to part with cash to secure it.

1 Like

Thanks for more specifics … as I said above, I find this topic extremely interesting. I’ve no doubt that there’s a target group of “whales” that provide the bulk of any game’s revenue. I’d love to know how to identify that group – I think that with mobile, the lines are more likely to be blurred between competitive and casual players, but that’s just a feeling and not really backed by any hard data.

One of my friends is the GM of Microsoft’s gaming studio – I just now thought of asking for her thoughts on the subject. No doubt she’s keenly interested in the subject too! Lol

1 Like

She’d be the person to ask, I’m sure they’ve spent huge amount of resources analysing the data etc… this is after all a highly competitive, expensive but ultimately profitable industry.

Didn’t mean to come across salty earlier, so apologised if that’s how it wa perceived GG

2 Likes

Same here … :vgcheersx3:

If I get anything interesting from her, I’ll share!

3 Likes