First 5v5 thread

Same here, my wife wouldn’t allow me to purchase it so I attempted to grind it through promotions and chests but guess what? I failed.

3 Likes

Wtf your wife doesn‘t allow you to spend 20 fking $? Dude if i was you i would tell her who‘s the man.

With Christmas finished up birthdays coming soon and our planned vacation time in spring no, every dollar counts.

3 Likes

How exactly you’ll tell her you’re the man? Just curiousity kickin my head here

Fair enough seems a sensible set of priorities - and to be frank while it sucks to miss out on the first two weeks - would you pay $20 for around two weeks of access to another game?
(Although the Lance skin does change the equation a bit I guess).

I agree completely, unless you have a soft spot for skins the $20 is no way worth the early access especially with the major problems that have arose with it.

2 Likes

Not sure. I mean I like it … but communication and coordination is about 1000x important than in 3v3. Not sure the tools are up to it. Really need voice or at the very minimum text chat.

Also, for the love of all that’s holy, can someone PLEASE explain to me how the teleport boots work? Step by step breakdown I mean. The ingame description and interaction is incomprehensible to me, I can’t make them work and the map is huge, it takes forever to walk back to the front.

Seeing captain adagio after so long in 5v5. I guess SEMC did well in balancing him.

1 Like

Played a few games solo and a couple with my guild. They’re awesome, although I wish they could change some parts of the in-match HUD such as the placement of the ‘passive’ effect icons and the emoticon pings.

Yeah the in match HUD is weird especially the scoreboard

Why are there so many player still shout “we need vision” in 5v5? Dont they understand sovereign’s rise is huge and unlike halcyon fold? Dont they have vision on their own? Me as a roamer captain felt so overwhelming running from bot to top lane just to put that tiny silly cams. Can’t they secure their lane for at least early game?

1 Like

Haven’t encountered one yet so far. Yea lol everyone has scout cams. Vision is the responsibility of the entire team

@thyanz Some players like me who love to abuse the Teleport Boots need people in the teamfight to place a cam down so I can teleport there, or place one there before hand so I can do some steals.

1 Like

Yay Flare gun is back in 5v5…but kinda weird using it but it’s ok…lol

Hey, I played a few matches. Was pretty great. But the Matchmaker was pretty bad. We had 4 Vainglorious and enemies T4 in one match.
Anyway, why don’t we forum people get together and play some 5v5?

OMG the worst match in the history of video games … Semc persist in achieving the most horrific matchmaking possible … I give you the Cancer Quartet.

You think the old Cancer duo quo in 3v3 was bad? Where it matches you up with a 2-person team of feeders? I had four of them. Even though I was kicking ass (9-3 as Fort) we never had a chance.

Worst. Matchmaking. Ever.

I had a match which all enemies were T5 + and my teammates were T5 and below with 1 guy at T7

About matchmaker in 5v5 is bad. Of course it is very limited player, as i remember semc only gave 50000 more or less golden ticket. T10 played with T5 is not weird, it is because the limited number. So next update on 15th feb, global release, will be better.

Another thing that NEEDS to change: the absurdly strict surrender rule. Because 5v5 is inherently a hundred times more snowbally than 3v3, it’s just agonizing when you have two morons refusing to surrender a hopelessly lost match.

I won two hopeless matches with few surrender votes, so I guess SEMC did the right choice.