Does Gwen have any down sides?

Well why go around making wild statements Bro, you don’t understand her perk that’s clear… you then get mega offended when I suggested you didn’t understand her kit because you don’t Andi assume haven’t played her this patch.

Just tone down bold claims like “she’s potato” she really isn’t she’s actually one of the strongest laners in the game right now.

Dude he said "Shes has been a potato for a long time"
He was talking about the past patches. Not 3.0.

"You’re using the most broken hero in 5v5 right now smh"
FlashX on DNZio’s gwen video

1 Like

To be fair, he said she’d been a potato for a long time, and then explained how she is still not good, which was false and he later said “fair enough” when I pointed it out.

And you guys need to stop complaining about every hero that gets a buff. Just cos youre used to weak gwen for the last few patches a small buff doesnt make her OP. There are posts even on grumpjaw lmao. If gwen is OP and they first pick gwen, pick a damn fortress. No here is as broken as varya was. She was “OP”. nothing is OP now. Maybe koshka and vox a little bit but still can be countered by numerous heroes.

I can’t speak for anyone else but I"m not coming into this being “used to Gwen” in any sort of way. I’ve read patch notes and kept up with the forums for months, but haven’t been playing regularly in the last year till 5v5 released. I asked what her downside is (and received a lot of good answers for heroes I can draft into her once ranked comes) to be able to better handle her. The post wasn’t only salt, just a little bit : P

2 Likes

His first statement read “she’s pretty potato”

1 Like

Yup Dnzio thinks she’s broken, and flash concurs… I’ve used her, she’s brutal in 5v5 vs virtually all other laners.

3 Likes

Gwen is definitely pretty broken right now. She has the best poke in game, by far, and can chunk out like 40% of people health in a shot. God forbid you have breaking point stacks up then she can near one shot people. Coupled with her built in reflex block and speed buff and ridiculously long range CC she is absurd in competent hands.

I have no idea where this potato thing comes from, but if you don’t block her Aces you are as good as dead on just about every hero.

The “potato thing” that was mentioned doesn’t refer to her now but in the past

It referred to her now.

“Though I may be missing something, imo she’s still potato. With that range buff, she would have been good as baron but she still is vulnerable to status effects and has low team utility.”

“she was absolutely potato for a long time because her range was so small and her perk kept getting nerfed.”

Nope was specifically mentioned she is currently a potato.