Dodging in general and to climb tiers

Yeah true if they give rewards like end of season like in past everyone will care about win and take rank more serious

Yeah but @cha0z mentioned in his match the guy was complaining about a considered weak hero but viable , is this too much or acceptable for you ?! Should both sides have 100% meta heroes to give green light to draft and anything below that means dodge acceptable .

@Saw1 @Guest_78 should the system reward me for not dodging or punish the enemy for dodging , there is a mix feelings about dodging people seems think itā€™s fair and save time and effort especially in high tiers like its part of the game .

??? I was replying to you, not about what @cha0z said. When I said it was acceptable to dodge?? When I said you need a draft of full OP heroes to not dodge? Donā€™t get things out of context. I was telling you why people dodge, i nerves said my own opinion.

I donā€™t understand what made you think people need to be rewarded for not dodging but ok.

Reward for not Dodge is great karma with 25%+glory LOL

There is already a penalization for dodging ranked: you loose elo. Now we have a problem, why? That penalization is small compared with what you are loosing if the match goes wrong, but you canā€™t increase it because people will be more toxic: if you make them loose elo with you picks and they canā€™t dodge, they will ensure you donā€™t get fun from the match. So what do you prefer?

The solution to me seems pretty simple - provide a much more transparent dodging punishment system. To me, itā€™s one of the worst offenses.
*Wait for a game to be found
*Wait 40-80s for draft
*Wait for a draft pick or two, or the entire draft to be complete
*Close the app

This is one of those most toxic sequences someone can make in a game. That said, I understand higher elo players frustrations when an ā€œoff metaā€ or non viable pick is made. However, if youā€™re not t9 or t10 I donā€™t think meta matters as much. Go with the draft. play the game. Do your best.

My proposed solution would be 3 dodges in a season = 3 min LPQ for 3 matches. 6 dodges = 6 min LPQ for 6 matches. 9+ dodges in a season = account suspension for 9 hours + 9 min LPQ for 9 matches.

What would one do if they got the ultimate punishment? Perhaps they make a new account. Play, thatā€™s fine. You just wasted all your progress and are starting a new account.

There needs to be a harsher punishment for dodging a match in draft. The above wouldnā€™t apply to declining a match.

Toxicity increased to level 73846294829463972ā€¦ there is no real solution for this problemā€¦ well, yeah: better MM and less elo inflation, but how can SEMC achieve this? Donā€™t know.

So to chip in here. Thank you very much for your kind words. <3 I would point out though that as a designer I specialize in game balance. In addition the amount of time and work it took to reach that level of balance was also very high. Sonata and Zekent both have specializations in things such as level and hero design as well as significantly less time to work with. (Though again thank you for your kind words)

In terms of balancing 5v5 that was like trying to throw a dart at a dart board and get a bulls eye while 90 mph winds are whipping in any random direction after you have been thrown out of a plane. XD Thank you for the understanding though.

While 2.8 was likely the most balanced patch overall I think I could of refined it a bit more to open items diversity up a little.

2 Likes

Yeah butā€¦ They canā€™t say they focus their balance changes in the highest elo and then nerf SAW while buffing Kinetic. I know itā€™s hard (you made an awesome job there), but some changes has no justification.

I mean he isnt wrong but it doesnt give him the right to trollā€¦

Maybe they have rank rewards on their todo list. Idk.

As I said in the past many times, I never had seen a reason to rank besides for having bragging rights (which I hate with a passion)z

Iam not trying to make you look you said something else , I just responded to you both and merged the idea of someone think an off meta or not viable pick is worth dodging to an example of the pro player who finds a weak pick but viable is worth a dodge and complained about nobody dodged , like Iam trying to see the red line or the conditions that make people say no Iam not playing this Iam dodging .

Why people dodging is it a balance problem or players problem , because you guys always say we balancing things and leave the players decide what is the meta , while you guys of course already have/had a vision of what is the meta looks like after the changes , while seeing people dodge more , is it player mentality , balance problem , matchmaking problem , like the most part of it .

Sad that the 5vs5 preparations started and you never got the chanceā€¦

In a long streak of ranked games i havent met a troller( for a long time cant even remeber one). But the amount of dodgers is huge. Most people who would be denied of dodging with higher penalties wouldnt become trolls and im sure of it. Its just chronic dodgers who say that so nothing changes trying to spook people.

When these people lose free dodges they play normally every time in my experience.

Which experience, because this hasnā€™t happened yet

At tier 9 gold, trollers are rare ( maybe some bad players). Sometimes there happens to be a single vg silver in my games. Most i met ingame were chill and cooperative even teamed with rank 8. Dont know about your experience.

I mean, you canā€™t really know how dodgers would react if they canā€™t dodge just because that situation hasnā€™t happened yet.

this is what iā€™m talking about.

And this, they havenā€™t lost their ā€œfreeā€ dodges, so you canā€™t say that by your experience for the reason above mentioned

But it did happen. Sometimes you get back into draft with same people who dodged you minute before and they always try their best although unhappy about it,but theres always mute(hehe).

But thatā€™s because they have no reason to dodge, not because they lost their ā€œfreeā€ dodge