[Conspiracy theory] Community “events”

Well, you brought it up, so it’s logical to assume you thought it was an issue. If I read that wrong, sorry about that.

Have you played AoV lately? The entire Valentine’s event is designed to entice you to spend money. Lol. That’s the unfortunate truth of the current era of gaming: it’s all about microtransactions.

Do you know what their financial situation is? Doubtful. I certainly don’t. But I do know that development and maintenance of a game of this quality is very expensive. In addition, the last round of VC financing has surely established milestones in revenue growth that the investors expect them to meet or yes, they will likely shut the game down.

2 Likes

Looks like Team Gwen coming back out of nowhere

just let them grab money. as long as the game free from powerpaying aspect, i’m happy…

yes i know brawl mode already contaminated… so let’s pray they have their money so the main game won’t

1 Like

Well last I checked was when AoV was giving out free heroes by just doing some daily missions. Has to be about a month ago maybe. From the time of the game’s SEA release up until then I’ve never noticed one that needed cash to excel in.

I may not know their financial conditions but you certainly act like you do. Why do people always think that if SEMC gives out 1 extra glory per game that they’re going to go bankrupt? If this ONE event wasn’t monetized, they’d go broke now will they? Please come up with better logic if you’re going to make an argument.

1 Like

Well I see you’ve become quite triggered over this and are verging on personal attacks, so I’ll just drop it here.

5 Likes

Yeah I get triggered when people insult me, who knew.

Personal attacks? What am I a dev? Awwwww snapppppppp!

Also note to self: use trigger as excuse when losing argument.

1 Like

That my good sir is not a conspiracy but a plain fact.

1 Like

The brawl contamination doesn’t bother me now that I can devote all glory to it and my talent draws are 4x as common. Since 2.12 I found 6 epics 1 legendary…

Yes that has been a rather positive side effect of the new skin system - making glory worthless has made it less painful to spend on things like talents and the increase drop rate of these does mean that talent levels are shooting up.

2 Likes

Nope, none of AoV event baits you to spend money, i don’t know where do you get that statement.

I don’t see how he is triggered, he’s just stating a fact, I’ve been playing AoV since release and none of their events baits you to spend money or even spend money to join their events.

There’s no way semc is going to bankrupt from not monetizing 1 event that comes once a year. They rarely makes community event and they had to monetize the first event that they created after thousand years? I don’t see how your “argument” get 4 likes.

1 Like

even if it is rigged, devs wont admit it. why should they?

But then, does it matter if they monetize events? Last I checked AOV also required you to buy in game currency to unlock one of their hero…
Honestly, this event is shit. Not because its monetized. Not because of conspiracy theories.
It’s because this event is messy.
Team Reza? Team Gwen? So what? Chances are, there is a team gwen in my 5v5 team even if I am team Reza. So even if I grind and hardcarry the team, both team wins.
There is no sense of actual competition. Team Reza should only be paired with Team Rezas for points to be counted in my opinion. If not, this event is meaningless.

you need to spend money to get Lu Bu. A in game hero. They don’t even use events to bait you. To unlock heroes, you’ll already need to spend money.
NOT THAT, AOV sucks. Their events are good lol. Free skins, free this, free that. Just that in terms of gameplay pales in comparison to VG 5v5, which is why I stopped a while after 5v5 is released, pretty hooked on 5v5

that is sth they can not do. or it is the explanation for the really wonky matchmaker in 5v5.

this event is just really weird, i wouldnt even call it monetized, because everything will balance out in the end. (also, no one will buy the chests because they give your team lunar fame points. that is simply a non factor and i find it really strange why they even did it.)
the difference between the two teams is a factor of 1.01 atm. the bar is of course not even trying to be accurate in showing this.

the real issue here are the current ice rng chests to get the skins. same chance, but 50 more ice and a lot worse in what they can drop otherwise.

What a stupid incentive from semc to “play more” when this is so clearly rigged and completely out of player’s control lmao.

1 Like

Talent levels shooting up just means it makes it easier for @Gatorrex to rekt more people in brawl with even more heroes, he has an entire series proving that talents are OP.

What has unlocking heroes in AoV have to do with events in VG? They are two separate things. Hero unlocking is hero unlocking.

1 Like

One thing that I’ve just discovered is that AoV’s events have no warnings or notifications. You have to log in to see them. And that’s not necessarily a bad thing, but, I’ve missed out on completing and partaking in a couple of events since I’ve started because of this. :man_shrugging: