Complain all u want, Monster Heros arent popular according to two games

We love a choking shister…

Ugh. Why is no one choking me?? I should’ve been choked. Should’ve been ME!

Wait, what kind of choking…ugh

I heard a theory that the sword looked like a model adagio would create and that his healing magic on the sword is whats keeping krul alive

It’s non cannon, it’s a fan theory.

I know but i mean it could be a reasonable theory? Heh

I don’t think so as krul is not being healed, he has wounds, so… nope.

1 Like

Dude hes dead but that sword is keeping him from dying. Im not trying to say it heals him completely. It just keeps him alive but then again its just a theory and a reasonable one to me

It keeps him Sugervenom never said (i read most of the lore and im pretty sure) that its the Sword thats keeping him alive. Since we dont know the background, we dont know of a swords man stabbed krul in the chest, left his sword, and let the churn affect him. If its like the example i just made, then its not the sword keeping him alive.

So i disagree with you saying the sword is keeping him alive

That was awesome to read and see. Thank you so much dude!

Also, reading that reminded of this old article which is very well written and a bit mind-blowing.

1 Like

That’s really interesting. I’ll definitely have to read it a few times to get my head around it. As a quick response, particularly to the “being v escaping” portion, this is why I enjoy the hero design in VG so much. No hero (basically) is simply one trait. They’re usually combinations of multiple qualities. Ardan can be a bruiser, but is also primarily focused on protecting. And Celeste is kind of flighty and detached, which reads weak, but commands the stars for some immense power. I think because the heroes do this, they become embodiments of characteristics, rather than just caricatures of people. When you play as Celeste, it’s not that you feel like you actually are her, but you can identify with the feeling of being overlooked or underestimated, yet still coming up with the goods when you need to.

1 Like

Super well said dude, and I totally agree! I really admire the character work and the implied mechanics of each so far.

Here’s to many more!!! :beers:

In my case, apart from that, I also love the backround of each hero in the sense that no hero is completely good or evil (rip lore), like in the case of Samuel, who is evil for good reasons.

3 Likes

I respect you and like i said just a theory heh <:)

I respect you too <3 i just want you to change your thoughts on the topic. :sparkles:Persuasion :sparkles:

1 Like

Well, look at Skaarf. It gets picked a lot, number 7 with 38.8%.
What I think is, if a hero, don’t matter if it’s a human or a monster, if the skills set is great, it will get picked a lot.
Imagine Phinn had Ardan skills set, would not you pick him more vs Ardan?
To me, it’s all about skills set that are designed for the hero. Not because if it’s a human or a monster.

3 Likes

also Glaive, Phinn and Fortress have very high places in top picked as well.

Glaive is a humanoid. Skaarf is a freaking dragon. Fort is loyal pup boi. Phinn is humanoid. Grumpjaw is god knows what. Probably a bull dog I’m not even sure. He even has a nice kit and the ability to insta kill someone with Ult+boots but still no one chooses him. He’s such a noob stomp hero too as he can solo invade and kill people.

There are only a couple of “monster niches without humanoid looks” left. Like a spider, grasshopper, and bear. Although 2 of which can take humanoid forms and the spider being a pretty common design choice.

1 Like

Was thinking this too. Like heroes like vox, Sam and Gwen were made to be creatures of some form but had the same kit clearly different visual like Gwen’s guns not being guns anymore but still function the same mechanic wise. If this happened, would they still be picked as much as now/have been or would it drop? I know visuals do play a factor in who gets picked at times but it’s mainly their play/kit and if they’re good at the time that matters most

3 Likes

it is just an excuse for them to make human heroes.
First, the human 3D model is there, they just add some twist and done, they have a new hero. For creatures, they are each unique, creating new unique 3D models cost time. They don’t want to do that (too lazy).
Second, same thing but now with skins, it’s easier (a lot easier) to make human skins than unique creature skins, look at Skaarf, he is cute, but his skins are mostly meh.

Skaarf is a dragon tho, have you seen any human who spits out fire and vomit oil? Doesn’t seem fitting doesn’t it?
The skill set has to fit to the character tho, just like how you look reflect your personality. “Don’t judge the book base don’t on its cover”, so what’s the cover for then?
Anyways, that’s my 2 sense.

Like, think about it in retrospect, if humanoid heroes like Lorelai and Adagio (both are mythical god-like creatures), get a skin that makes them more human (no tail, gils, or wings), would that increase their pick rate?

Having monster heroes would make the skin design quite tough, as it already sets a mold for their character.