Ardan is overvalued?

Just because people play him in the wrong way doesn’t mean he is bad.

Why people find ardan ult scary? lol… use your reflex block. even if you used it… deal the damage and walk away from it. He has to stay in the gauntlet or it will be useless. …

Only smart people knows to fight outside of ult.

i used Catherine to stun the crap outta Ardan. Even stunned him mid gauntlet . He musta been pissed when all his hard work got destroyed. The silence, the stuns, the Damage reduction.

Ardan’s Gauntlet animation is quite obvious and I happen to see him jump. :grin:

4 Likes

Not saying that. It just baffles me…

Even funnier is when you are Lance and he tries to jump but you smash your shield in his face.

O no you won’t…

That’s because high tier Ardan players use their Ult so that the cage hits directly on you and the stun is pretty damn long so if you start fighting in a narrow area and you cage them that way then your AoE damage dealers can pop off hard on them. Also let’s not forget that RB provides a barrier that scales with the amount of health you have left, so the lower health you have and you use RB the more you will benefit from it rather than using it early on and thats when the damage of Ardan’s Ult comes through. Good Ardan players don’t use the Ult to initiate teamfights, they use it to secure/separate/disengage from teamfights. Its one of those game changing Ults that does something when it lands.

3 Likes

I know, I often face those situation as captains using my crucible on time so they can get out safetly or if they get stun, lyra’s boost heal does trick to keep her allies safe and back to her him.

Why you and @Guest_78 upset of me saying Ardan not the right choice ?
The game is a team game and based on counters everything has a counter
I can add tony as an Ardan counter but nobody plays him roam against Ardan , like he can stun and taunt and force Ardan out of his gauntlet , fortress can use his wolves with Ardan gauntlet , I played once as a roam baptiste against Ardan .

Like Ardan is good as a body block but at the same time he is going to make enemy stack BP and DE for free because of his playstyle , like almost everyone playing vg knows how to play against Ardan because he is always picked , that’s why I said it’s not the good roam pick !

What would you pick in that situation if not Ardan? What hero were you using? Also, in case you didnt know it, there are ways to prevent your character from moving when taunted.

This is not countering. It’s like saying Taka counters Ardan because he can kill squishies and Ardan needs to leave gauntlet to help them. Ardan is not only gauntlet. He’s mainly vanguard. How do you counter vanguard? Besides using for example Tony taunt to pull Ardan out of gauntlet is not only unreliable (as you need to be out of the gauntlet near the wall and have Ardan be literally hugging the inside wall on the same side as you to pull him out) but also you’re using your B on their roam and now that’s 1 threat less for the carries. So no this isn’t countering. Besides in many cases Ardan would ult only to stun so won’t be having the walls stay up anyway. There is no way to counter him directly with a hero. Of course you can counter and win against him in games. By outplaying, rotations and such things but not direct hero counter.

1 Like

I like to pick based on my team or enemy team , against burst I get cath , against assassins I could get Ardan/Lyra/phinn , against vox , Lyra is good , I can play all roam heroes , I can play Lorelai/adagio/churn/flicker , I would like to play them with aggressive early game heroes but I don’t how aggressive is my team so they risky , unless Ive played with that player before or matched with him I could play risky picks , like right now first pick always carry so Ardan is given to the other team , if you don’t know what to play against Ardan you going to lose !

WTF, i asked you what were you using in that match against baron and what other roam you would have picked if it wasnt ardan, not what can you play i each situation.

Tony can save third hit to stun Ardan , or taunt him or use his ult to kick Ardan out of his gauntlet , so he has a good tools to outplay Ardan and prevent him from body blocking or vanguarding or ulting .

That would make you pass through the gauntlet, which will stop your ult, also, crucible still exists. The stun is a joke, you would only delay the VG… 1s? less? not worth it, also, doing that is a unreal scenario where you already have the stun charged and you are quickly enough to stop him in a dash. Same as grace, just because there is a 0.00001% chances of stoping his VG doesnt mean he counters ardan.

I was playing Celeste , and I would pick cath or Lyra , Lyra taken so cath is the right choice , Ardan didn’t buy contract , didn’t poke the baron , i was being bullied and outhealed , I don’t think I need vanguards more than helping me killing the enemy.

Do you even realize how much you’re losing by actually focusing so much stuff into the roam and wasting abilities on him? I already explained about Tony and his ult would be blocked by any decent roam. I am pretty sure Bf can completely destroy Ardan 1v1 but does it mean he’s countering him? It’s not about what a certain hero could possibly do. It’s about how games go in reality. And also

WTF? Vox is literally the hardest Lyra counter.

1 Like

Ardan playing bad in your game doesn’t make him the worse pick. He’s at least 10x better there.

1 Like

If you were outpoked with celeste against a baron you were just outplayed, catherine wouldnt have changed anything, she cant help you dodge, she cant bodyblock, and lyra against CP baron is horrible.

Wow Ardan is good against cp baron and Lyra horrible , that doesn’t make sense !
And when I said Lyra counter vox I meant cp , he mostly played cp in 3v3

And by saying the Ardan who played with me sucks , well most Ardans do that , and they don’t use gauntlet to split , and by the way when I play against Ardan I get nullwave gauntlet cath , nullwave Ardan and silence his team , the good old days , nobody buy double blocks now .

Ardan is good into cp baron, hi has enough mobility to dodge his attacks and the VG allows for easy dives ans makes dodging easy. Lyra has nothing against him, she is easly poked, he can apply SF easly, so yes, it makes sense.
Vox is mostly played CP, but WP still exists. You say that ardan sucks, but you were the one outpoked by a baron, and celeste counters baron.