Ardan is overvalued?

You’re just talking about your games and how the players do bad. This doesn’t mean the hero is. I do t know at what tier you play but Ardan is top pick in highest tiers. Also you can’t know if Vox is WP or CP and even then he might do the shiv build on CP. And the last part, so if it’s not Ardan you wouldn’t get nullwave? This is Cath related not Ardan. It has nothing to do with the hero. Only players.

Early game with Lyra of course he will out poke me even if Iam a pro a player , but in 5v5 he get punished easily , but in 3v3 he can destroy me early especially with Lyra healing him , I can make Catherine works even if you think she doesn’t , I played Catherine before and her early game ok , just poking and collecting stacks , I wouldn’t let baron touch the Celeste and I would make Celeste out poke him by forcing him to position or he will get the double stun from me and Celeste .

Cath+Celeste is a stun chain that will rip a Baron to shreds. Throw in a helio and a bubble and Baron sits crying in the corner.

Vs brutal damage Catherine is the best body blocker in the game period.

I agree with you on that one.

And if the Baron has any idea how to position how would a Catherine get to him to land her stun

1 Like

This is apply for the other roam heroes , others maining Ardan and didn’t play them or played them bad doesn’t mean they are bad picks or Ardan better ! , at the end you talking about a single target protector if you think about it you can do a lot , like for example I outplayed an Ardan once as a Lorelai , I stunned him out of his gauntlet ?! , because he didn’t expect the fast stun , Lorelai on a pool cast abilities fast , I can use my b to slow a vanguarded target or the whole team , I can cleanse bad effects from my team player and give them big barrier , we can go on and on .

If The baron can’t be stunned by me then he can’t kill my carry because I have zoned him away from my carry. I have done my job without ever landing a stun.
If he wants to push or move he has to risk the stun…

That’s the good thing about Catherine , you don’t have to stun you just push them away , he has to jump away and can’t join back , I even can nullwave him and prevent him from using boots if he comes back , he can’t damage me I can reflect all his damage .

1 Like

To both of you (dunno how to reply with the same post) how exactly do you zone a Baron when he has like 8 range more than Cath? You can’t simply “go near” as you said as he has a Lyra. Catherine is not lane bully, she gets bullied. I also said if Baron can position, if he is in melee range it’s the player being bad.

1 Like

I think this explains my point. This isn’t countering. If I kill a Petal as Krul once it doesn’t mean he counters her.

3 Likes

I only play 3v3, I know what heroes are strong in 3v3.

Yes, a hero you outdamage, outrange and counter can destroy you and you say it’s Ardan’s fault? Lol. CP baron has 0 damage early on.

I can make TakaPort work too.

How?

You assume onesided skill. Cath counters Lyra and if Baron tries to bomb cath she bubbles up and he takes the brunt of the damage not her. His high range comes from ult upgrades and early game he has no jump immunity. Later into the game cath will have more stacks and can handle his damage even better.
If I come towards Baron for a stun he has to move period. If he doesn’t move he gets a stun in the face. Me forcing him to move guarantees my carries safety. I will have IGC and the carry will heal both of us by clearing lane.

1 Like

Takaport is actually quite decent in 3v3 lmao…

Not against any good team. I used it against Kensei, and won.

You are assuming Baron is stupid enough to attack Catherine while her bubble is up.

SAWport too… just build some captain items and SG. If you feel like an enemy is like at 40% health kill them with one A. His roaming capabilities in 5v5 is so good too literally because of river.

Once doesn’t mean I can’t do it again ?! Your krul petal example is extreme !
Lorelai is good against Ardan especially early game , like she is a good early game pressure roam but few people play her , that’s the problem with Ardan vs other roams , people used to Ardan more than other heroes , like you could vanguard someone and they go aggressive attacking left and right , while you could use Lorelai ult on the same aggressive players and they run from the fight , like what is the difference ? I gave even bigger barrier and going to send a pool to speed boost you but you running , why the vanguard gives you the feel for aggression while Lorelai ult makes you back off , players mentality !

Legit this discussion will never end unless a someone has physical proof that VG stated who can counter arden >_>

edit: i see some other topics too like cath and baron

If Catherine outperforms Lyra in lane this Lyra should reconsider her roaming abilities. You can’t “just” do stuff as you suggest because Lyra has better damage than most carries early game and that’s without the utility she provides. Baron does not need to jump when you go for stun if he’s positioned good. Ardan on the other hand can instantly close bigger gap, vanguard Celeste when she needs to fight the Baron and has lower CD too.

1 Like

I have killed many Petals as Krul which imo is much more likely than stunning Ardan’s ult (that dashes instantly in unpredictable direction) with one or the hardest to land stuns in the game. And again you’re giving example of people you play with and their mentality and skills. Again for like the 100th time, players with low skill or understanding doesn’t mean it’s the hero.

I’ve never said Ardan is useless just guys thinking Catherine is better than Lyra into Ardan are massively mistaken…