4.4 First Impressions

The support meta is Lyra and Yates, anything outside of that is not worth picking unless those 2 aren’t available.

1 Like

True, nerf after nerf of the other captains is ending up to lyra/yates if one is serious about to win.

Is that the case in EU? It’s so interesting because I rarely see Lyras. I’ve probably played more Lyra than find the enemy team use her, and Yates is still permabanned.

Although I find myself use Lorelai more, Lyra’s lane presence is insane when she can poke early and basically ERASE the trading done by the enemy midlaner.

Most likely you don’t see her that much, because people are tired from her, i.e. playing the same few heroes. The meta is super stale in the last few patches, especially some of the positions - support is the best example. People pick sub optimal picks, just because we all are tired to play the same few heroes…

This is one of the reasons why patch 2.8 was perfect - no meta there - all kind of compositions and picks were viable, no obviously better heroes and this was funnnn.

4 Likes

As a captain main, this is mostly corrrect, but Asagio is surprisingly good, as well as Ardan, I’ve actually seen some top tier players say Ardan is meta now, but I’m not really sure why since he hasn’t been touched since his big nerf.

Yep, it’s EU.

@coltonJW haven’t seen a single Ardan or adagio (roam) being picked, so I don’t think they are any good.

I only see Adagio as top laner and a mediocre one. As captain he just get overshadow by Lyra in any situation. Ardan is just a comfort pick more most roams.

Ardan remains somewhat popular in the NA server, although he’s not a desirable pick anymore.

Adagio, as @coltonJW mentioned, is actually affording himself well in the NA server. Mostly early game. He falls off later.

Overall, I don’t think there’s any arguing that Lyra and Yates are the top roams if you want to win. Yates is just rarely seen because he’s banned so often. Lyra just doesn’t seem super popular over in NA yet.

1 Like

Is rona viable?? I’ve been playing her at top(WP) she seems good my build is :vgitem_serpentmask: :vgitem_breakingpoint: :vgitem_journeyboots: :vgitem_shiversteel: your choice of def or another WP particularly :vgitem_bonesaw:

She is viable, I doubt meta. Haven’t seen her enough.

1 Like

Should be viable rn if played good. Didn’t see her enough also to comment tho + I doubt she will work into all heroes. Also in some team compositions, she can work as a jungler. We are at the point where we will play her just to play some other hero from the few we play for months… so viable or not, we will play her hahah

2 Likes

Truer words have never been said!

Samual is a sleeper carry. Malene… well… i am loving it. I can finally abuse other mids and melee and put them lower me.

Bap is good this patch.

Samuel is not sleeper, is the best mid laner along with Celeste.

I barely see him in mid in Sea region. So :man_shrugging: a sleeper?

1 Like

I don’t ever see him played, and he seems just as average as last patch. If he is a sleeper he has been sleeping for two months because he has not changed.

In EU is priority pick, so at least here he is not sleeper

I would not say priority pick, but defo meta in silver.

In mid he is priority pick. Obviously Yates and Lyra are the priority always, but i talking inside the mid lane role.

I saw Catherine banned for the first time in a game (5v5) last night. I mean, c’mon now. I’m a Catherine main and I’m liking this patch. But really? She’s not a ban, right? San Feng, Malene, Yates, Leo are easy ban choices over her…