4.4 First Impressions

It’s surely vastly worse for a few weeks after season reset and a lot better around the end of it. Dunno even the reasons, but it’s always like that. Those resets are mistake that frustrates the veterans… I was close to silver and with 80% win rate (didn’t play even 1/3 last season vs the 2-3h every day before) and played almost always with silvers or close to them bronse = quality players for the most part even if still far from perfect. Right now I am playing with some t4 players that are also super rude…

Bro you gotta wait like at least week before even attempting to soloq. It’s really bad the first week. Like Veritas said, its sooo bad early on.

Aside from that, Warhawk is hella fun to play. I played him CP top. My last hitting was kind of boosted but I noticed that his teamfighting is crazy strong. Frostburn + Spellfire = bad time for the enemy. He reminds me of a better Rumble from LoL. You drop a fat ult and the enemy team just sits there and cooks. Also the Rona buff is kind of disgusting. Once you get max Bloodrage you just spin forever and facetank everything. Oh and Leo is just absolutely, appallingly, gross. I’ve seen fights turned instantly with one Leo A.

1 Like

I disagree. Find a buddy to duo with, and just struggle through it. I waited too long last season, which made me play with folks still at a lower elo that far into the season. It’s tough, but I’d recommend muscling through it. It does suck though!

Glad to hear you like Warhawk. He has seemed VERY underwhelming so far.

hey all, din’t want to create a whole new post just to ask a simple question, so here goes.

Warhawk is available for 14k glory straight off the bat. Since which patch did they make new heroes available for glory ?

follow up question :
will the price of new heroes, like Warhawk, go down to 8k after the initial period ?

SEMC made new heroes available for 14k glory on day 1 the last patch. As for their prices going down, it can be assumed that they’ll be up for 14k for a while considering Leo, the last new hero, is still up for 14k.

1 Like

Btw, as other fellow members said and from my experience + watching videos from people like dnzio - Leo is totally busted and insta ban or first pick priority. It’s seriously bad and a good player with him is huge advantage.

2 Likes

This update was just an exchange of Cain for Leo. They seem unable to have an update without a broken hero (not op, broken).

1 Like

Leo busted??? how could this happen??? Leo was really bad, how a MASSIVE buff could make him OP?

2 Likes

He is not crazy busted, but he is on par with Gwen/Lyra who I think also deserve bans. I prefer that to potato Leo throwing every game he is picked in except by L3on.

Actually L3oN didn’t know how to play him, the player to watch is BrittleBones. Also, he is busted. You seem the only one think he is not.

Gwen is way weaker than Leo, he seems to be the strongest hero of the patch. Is OP.

1 Like

Defo, I will go as far as to say he is potentially a little bit more broken than caine in 4.3

Wow wow! Those are big words! But I think that you might be right.

1 Like

I am in agreement with regard to Leo. In relatively competent hands, he is totally busted. I played a practice, then vs bots medium, then vs bots very hard. My first PvP game with him (rumble) I went 15/2/3. It was fun - but it was very easy. Once you learn to go B–>C and bring enemies toward your teammates/turret - it’s gg.

Warhawk, honestly, seems to be in a good place. Beginner to Intermediate level players seem to struggle with him. More advanced players seem to be doing very well, especially as CP top lane. I have seen some WP builds be pretty effective as well. His ult is very powerful, and coupled with a :vgitem_spellfire: is quite lethal! With that said, breaking through his ult and diving him, he goes down quick. His B isn’t that great, nor is his A, imo. He seems relatively balanced - I like playing with and against him so far.

I’ll also agree in regard to Cain that he is not insta-ban worthy. Using a ban on him isn’t a troll move however, and he can warrant it still. It’s just not an automatic ban, imo. Malene and Leo seem to be the two most common insta-bans so far, and when not banned, seem to entice the most complaining from teammates in draft lobby chat.

Alpha is quite strong in 3v3. Petal and Skye can still out jungle her, but aside from them, she is quite the bully. In 5v5, it seems she is still struggling late game, but is definitely more intimidating early game.

I stand by my earlier statement in regards to Catherine. She’s stronger, yes, but not a priority ban or pick, and there are still other roams/junglers that play more into the “meta” (Yates, San Feng, Inara, Lyra, etc) than she does. As a Catherine main, I am having a little extra fun with her though. :wink:

1 Like

Catherine seems extremely popular in EU, it’s rare to see a match where she isn’t picked so far. Not as a roamer though.

2 Likes

Where are you seeing her? I already liked her :vgroles_carry_top: before this patch, and I’m having even more fun there so far this patch. I believe you mentioned seeing her as a :vgroles_jungle:? I tried that today - my team thought I was trolling and they played with little confidence from the start. Once they realized I knew what I was doing, we turned it around to have a much better game (but we still lost). I was the only one with a positive KDA (5/2/5), but apparently I’m the “troll” lol.

The lower % to proc her B’s refective dmg helps her as a :vgroles_captain: as well, so I’m surprised you’re not seeing her there more as well.

See I told you, don’t sleep on CP Top Warhawk. I don’t think he can be played mid. He does pump out damage like, say, a Celeste, but he’s pretty devastating when he’s not the main focus of the enemy team. If you can land the nutty ults you can win the teamfights.

Mainly top or jungle. Roam not because she doesn’t offer that much “team” utility like a Lyra would. She is better at stopping one enemy, that’s why she is played in those positions. Also, for just 1 enemy, it takes forever to take out the bubble, you basically can’t trade with her. Almost all Catherine top I’ve seen have won easily any trade at 1v1.

2 Likes

Buff to Petal is nice since it helps the minions stick to targets easier. But her kit is still wonky. So nope, still not viable and still very situational.

The support meta is just…bad. That’s why we don’t see Catherine in that position very often. Most of the viable supports don’t have to get within range of the enemy to be useful or offer utility that keeps their teammates in the fight.