World Championship 2020

Late night at work yesterday, so I’m late in posting anything about … THE CLOSING DAY OF PLAY-INS!

In the first match, :lol_teams_lgdgaming: sweep :lol_teams_legacyesports: to move on to Groups! After a shaky start, LGD are looking strong! We’ll have to see how they do up against the higher-seeded teams of Groups, though!

:lol_teams_unicornsoflove: have :lol_teams_paparasupermassive: on the ropes – they’re up 2-0, with only 1 more victory between them and Groups!

EDIT: Whew, UOL patiently building a massive* advantage in game 3!

*pun intended

:lol_teams_unicornsoflove: win!

END OF DAY 6 & END OF PLAY-INS

So, to recap, :lol_teams_teamliquid:, :lol_teams_psgtalon:, :lol_teams_lgdgaming:, and :lol_teams_unicornsoflove: move on to the Group Stage, which begins on Saturday, October 3rd!

Standings updated to reflect the Play-In results. Look for the Groups schedule soon!

Notes: LGD can only be placed in Group C. The other teams advancing from Play-Ins will be placed according to random draw prior to the start of the Group Stage.

Draw is complete, here are the groups!

GROUPS ARE UNDERWAY!

I work this weekend, so haven’t been able to watch much this morning, but so far, we’ve got:

:lol_teams_topesports: def :lol_teams_flyquest:
:lol_teams_drx: def :lol_teams_unicornsoflove:
:lol_teams_rogue: def :lol_teams_psgtalon:

Underway now: :lol_teams_damwongaming: vs :lol_teams_jdgaming:

EDIT: And, no surprise, DWG win! (Imo, they are the strongest team coming into Worlds. Fight me.)