Why does every MMO game copy the same foolish Elo system?

first, what would you do? have you played the 5v5 last week? i can tell you, its no fun to see 5 t10/t9 players put up against you, while your team is a weird mix from unranked to t9 .
but games with roughly even skill tiers end up quite close and are in the end more fun and exciting.

this is an issue of the player base. what would be better? one high skilled team crushing the other players, because there werent enough players searching for a game at the time?

thats not true. communication for all players wouldnt change a thing. your enemy gets that as well after all and in the long run, nothing changes.

it seems to me like your issue with matchmaking is more based on the extreme cases that are caused by a lack of players.
no change in matchmaking can make up for that. the air gets really thin at the top in vainglory. thats just how it is.
there is no short time fix, the only thing that would work are more players and a reason to play long and constant enough for them to rise up in the ranks.
but dont expect that to happen. semc doesnt seem to try to keep their players long term.

My issue with matchmaking is that I cannot tell the Catherine to not compete with me in jungle and support the Ringo in lane.

My issue is I cannot tell the Glaive to switch into lane so I can port back to base without leaving our Flicker alone against 2 people.

My issue is i cannot tell the Saw to remember he has hp and not move past a certain point because im waiting for an opening or stay near a jungle so he can de-target himself when the Taka shows

You say because the enemy would also be able to talk that it wouldnt make a difference. Well that is where you are wrong. In the case where 1 or 2 people are teamed with someone who is inexperienced, they can help the person not throw the game.

Someone might be in T5 in solo q, is really good at coordinating, has the map awareness and also good at keeping track of hero abilities. The assumption is well the person should be in t10 but how can he/she do anything he is good at if he cannot speak? What? bodyguard people all over the map?

What makes me laugh is when devs especially say that they are trying to promote teamwork. Well can I talk to my team? No.

If voice chat is going to cause tech issues then why would you build a team game knowing that? that to me is the height of foolishness Its like soccer players trying to play a game without a ball.

Pings can achieve most of the things you have said, its simply your allies choice not to listen to you. How do you know that with voice-chat the teammates will listen to you?

Matchmaking doesn’t have unfair teams where there is one inexperienced player vs 3 experienced players.

That t5 player deserves to be in t5 until he/she learns how to be a better player in order to advance in rank.

Imo, voice-chat is not necessary, but it would be a nice addition to the game.

I have seen it being on while playing csgo and having my discord on, although its more of a popup in the game that is harder to close. Dont think it could be implemented as a plugin in VG, especially in android phones which reloads the game everytime you touch something out of app.