What do "You" Think of the Current State of Heroes?

This, but it’s still a nerf in early game for captain lyra. She used to slow a lot from the start and this was a huge deal for pressuring the lane.

All that said, it’s a nerf, but not a kit removal. The snare was removed tho and B duration nerfed too. They nerfed also the heal. Actually I would love a buff of lyra captain side. Not a huge amount, just a tad so she can be more in line with the top tier captains.

2 Likes

She is top tier already though.

She is the first captain I played a lot, I am subjective on her. :smile:
Would love a little bit more heal mid-late game, i.e. HP ration. Should do the trick.

But why buff an already strong hero?

Churn, yates, phin, lorelai - better captain picks. Lyra is not a potato, but not a top tier imho. There is a reason why she is never banned or picked. Ardan, grace, flicker are also better capt heroes currently (tho ardan is mainly a top wp/utility).

1 Like

Grace, ardan, Flicker are better as top. Lyra is better than them as captain, but doesn’t matter, they all need a nerf.

I think she is good right now, no need of a buff. The only problem is that right now, the top captains are boosted, but she is in a good spot.

As I said I, like you, want roams to be stronger than most early game. It’s much better than them having no use early game and if they’re behind useless the entire game. The problem is some are way too good right now and that warriors have no use at all. Anyway if I gotta choose between current state and roams being useless I’d pick current state and I don’t even play roam lol.

About Reim, people always say how mobile heroes are invincible against him but in reality most of the mobile heroes are no problem at all. I never have problems catching up to people. Hard part is when they have a lot of CC or a lot of DPS. CC seems like a good counter to him but DPS heroes are problem with Reim. His FH gain is either glitched or unusually low for some reason. He literally can’t get 1/10 of his HP to be fortified. He’s pretty viable despite that though. His damage output is just insane for a warrior (I know he’s classified as a mage but to be honest he’s CP warrior in reality and plays like one). I can basically match the damage of my mid laner.

I also don’t see any problems with his A being that way. I actually even love it. If the winter spire explosion deals much more damage you get higher skill cap with higher reward for skillful gameplay. If it deals the same damage it’s never good. Either it’s useless because none of the hits deal enough damage, landing second hit is just devastating because both are too strong or third option he’s just as spammy as Celeste. I don’t think Celeste’s gameplay is bad but I also don’t think it’s good for Reim.

So noone is talking about Magnus. He’s free elo with his ult buffed.

When enemy is marked It deals 1050 +200% crystal power of damage. Its very difficult to not kill someone and start bouncing. Honestly, what he needed was his A hit box fixed, which has been increased but not fixed. His isnt frelo though, its relatively easy to counter and snowball.

1 Like

He has one of the longest ranges and his B prevents engagements. Unless you feed early he’s free elo. One good ult can easily win a teamfight

Magnus is not very good in 3v3 which makes me a bit :pouting_cat: and petal is a slowly rotting corpse :crying_cat_face: alpha and inara are still good though :smirk_cat:

A stun that its easy to dodge, and a telegraphed ult. He is strong, maybe too strong, but he isnt freelo yet

@Pigstuffs
Ive been having great success with him in 3v3. There are less players to dive him, less angles to dive and less space to manouver and dodge his attacks.

He’s OP in 3s lol. I’ve recently started playing the mode again and I use him as a jungler. His control during a battle is ridiculous.

Got a qudra the first time I used him on rank with an afk and won. Thats free elo imo. His stun is easy to hit when enemies are at the edges of its motion and plus you don’t need to hit both shots with his B to stun. Just A and B it’s a guaranteed hit for any close range aggression he’s facing.

Maybe. I just thought that comparing him to Inara was a mistake. Inara has a simple, focused kit, while BF has a number of disparate effects crammed into each ability. Everything Inara does is about positioning, with good (but not exceptional) damage as a secondary role.

Blackfeather has never had a defined concept like that. He was never designed to have a focus, so his kit is a mess, and I’m not sure it can be buffed or nerfed to balance. There are a lot of characters who have bad concepts who are in rough spots, because the interactions between their abilities are too complex.

Some heroes seem tone helped by dropping parts of their abilities to zero and then adding scaling (or improving scaling) to force choices about which part of the kit to emphasize. BF has a tiny bit of that, but it barely effects him. Since his kit lacks focus he ends up being a jack of all trades and master of none.

Certain captains should probably have their damage and utility paths more clearly divided. They tend to be better than bruisers because their inate perks are often enough to keep them useful even when they don’t build utility. But how powerful would WP Arden be if his gauntlet had a duration of 1/2/3 and to get more than that he needed to stack bonus health? What about if his Vanguard provided no inate barrier, and only scaled up with bonus health? What if Catherine’s Captain of the Guard stacks could not provide more armor and shields than she got through other means? What if Lance’s impale scaled with bonus health?

I mean, the only hero I can think of who is focused and still a bit OP is Anka (and it’s debatable if she is actually OP). She just does a lot of damage and has mobility, so balancing her would really just be about tweaking her damage. If she also had a barrier, fortified health, and some sort of team utility she’d suddenly be a lot more complicated to balance. It’s generally good when heroes are good at one thing.

Funny thing, it’s how he was designed to be according to Captain Neato.

Very powerful. WP ardan doesn’t use his ult to trap the enemy but to rest his B.

That would be a nerf to captain ardan lol.

I don’t get your point with those examples sorry.

Honestly. Anka feels very swingy sometimes, depending how how good the Anka in question actually is. Nerfing her damage a bit is fine but I think that it’d also be a good idea to nerf her health slightly so she can’t just rush in and completely wreck the enemy team like I see a lot of Ankas doing.

2 Likes

After only playing 3s for a bit I noticed how the players in that mode are able to anticipate Anka so well that they somehow time out her blink duration. Players that play 5s and did poorly in 3s just refuse to adapt and I would classify them as ‘boosted’.

How about removing the ability to shimmer mark a turret with Ankas A?

Legit fighting her is annoying enough but for her to get us both to low health, then have her mark and teleport to my turret, and use the movement boost to kill me behind my turret and run way is quite annoying.

Magnus cant mark a turret and same thing applies to Reim… Why can Anka do that?

1 Like