VGforums COD Week #11 Mar 24-30

RIP :confused: we played the first match in 2 weeks just for the challenge XD

3 Likes

We are late, so it shouldn’t count.

Unfortunately, it won’t count. But thank you so much for participating! Hopefully you guys get a few more in. What I try to do is post between 6:00-8:00am CDT. However many hours I post after 8:00am, I extend to the next day. That’s why it was extended to 4:00am, so roughly 11:00am your time.

I may edit the information post to help clarify. Because folks on the EU and Asian servers do have longer than the “day” the challenge was posted.

The challenge lasts until 11:59pm US CDT unless I post late and offer an extension. This means folks in Cali have until 9:59pm, folks in Spain have until 6:59am (the next day), etc.

Does this make sense? Should I use a different system? I base it off the overlord’s clock. :sunglasses:

You are right hahaha I didn’t notice that

Well, wonderful. At some point, ARAN went away as well as the event mode option. That makes this challenge at the current time impossible to complete.

I will say that this is how it should be, or I thought it was supposed to be. Set game modes, and the event modes only available during the weekend.

Sorry for the dud, folks

Well, it’s the weekend, and there’s no event mode now.

Brilliant, SEMC. [slow clap]

2 Likes

As of this post, still no event mode up. Today’s challenge:

Saturday, March 30th 2019

Win a ranked 3v3 match using the hero Rona. A hero that is lost on Sovereign’s Rise but I feel still has some viability on the Fold. You must participate in at least 50% of your team’s hero kills. (ie, your team finishes with 14 kills. You must have a combined score of 7 with kills and assists added up.)

Good luck to all!

I would say she has a higher chance of winning in 5v5 more than 3v3 , 4 players can carry her , she is too heavy for 2 players .

2 Likes

I’ll disagree. Less CC working against her from 3 opponents as opposed to 5. Goes both ways. :sunglasses:

At least in 5v5 she can split push, so one thing for another. Truth is, she is bad anyways XD

But since the skye buff and Im sure we all know that Skye is the queen of 3v3, its too risky for me to play a Rona in 3s.

Skye counters everything about Rona and thats to risky in high tiers unless you have a party

1 Like

Thats the problem I see, it’s not a casual game, you are risking everyone’s elo by using a weak hero, which is considered trolling by some.

2 Likes

That’s impossible to achieve in VG, c’mon, why did you do that to us?

I don’t think it’s impossible. You could always secure Skye on your team or ban her to negate that risk.

And lance, lorelai, Churnwalker, Lyra, grace, Yates, kinetic, Malene, kensei, kestrel, Gwen, and basically every other top tier hero. Not only that but you are using a ban needed for any of the op heroes. She also lacks a position: lane? To get bullied by all laners and roams? Jungle? Where her invading potential is 0 and has no important tank potential nor objective control? This is straight up trolling in a ranked match, it’s like playing petal in mid, if you pick rona, unless you are much better than the opponents, which shouldn’t be a thing in ranked, you are asking for a lose. It’s impossible? No, but it’s trolling.

1 Like

Well, that’s unfortunate. Certainly wasn’t my intent in creating this COD. It’s also unfortunate that it seems a consensus on one of the heroes in this game is that she’s useless

2 Likes

I’m Randolph carter that’s was a ranked match

1 Like

Great job! However, this COD is for 3v3 and using the hero, Rona. Please participate tomorrow and welcome to the forums!

As I said in another thread seeing rona picked make me assume the player didn’t check patch notes and the meta , I’ve seen people play her even a guy picked her in my game and he was high vg maybe vg silver , at the 6 minutes mark he started putting mines ,and the game ended in 9 minutes , she is not that hero you are waiting to be a monster late game , like when a guy play cp idris jungle and get invaded he could come back and do stuff , Rona even if she farm she is bad , but like the others said in 5v5 she can split push build glass cannon and just running around taking objective , Rona can take the turret without the minions help and just jump the walls to survive , she can be annoying for the other team but no fights , just split push .

2 Likes

The problem is that right now rona is a split pusher, something she can’t do in 3v3. She doesn’t have job nor position in 3v3, and doesn’t offer anything worth in the mode. The meta is also completely opposite to what she needs.
The argument of there being less cc and less damage, while true, it’s also true for all heroes, so that alone, unless cc is the only counter, doesn’t make a hero better in the mode.

1 Like