VG now on Steam

6 Likes

Good vice but How is it different from downloading via the web?

Steam is a games platform, if it’s on there, SEMC probably think it’s more likely to be seen by more gamers and probably increase their playerbase. Aside from that, not much.

Tbh I’m not a particular fan of steam, it’s not the most user-friendly platform UI-wise, and for some reason it’s always been really slow on my devices, seems to use more RAM than it should (but I don’t know what I’m talking about here, so I’m not gonna pretend). Either way I’ll be mildly annoyed if I have to download steam again to play VG on PC, but I’ll do it. It’s not a major issue.

I personally never had an issue with the UI. There are also a lot of great features on Steam like the community hub and the really good review system steam has

Steam’s review and rating system is the best I’ve ever seen.
I don’t use steam either but the fact the it’s gonna be super easy to update VG PC client is enough for me to download it.

I just played a bit in practice and it feels really good. Very responsive so far. This can turn out to be a smooth transition to PC. The main things I gotta say are:

• Add a scroll bar for PC
  • The game screen is a bit too large as some stuff goes over the edge of my monitor like my FPS counter and chests
  • Add a bit more life to the PC ui. It’s good on phones and tablets, but feels very empty on a large monitor
2 Likes

So while writing my steam review I double checked the market for lootboxes and noticed both the loot boxes in collectibles and the normal marketplace are completely gone, which is different from other updates. Could SEMC be stepping away from loot bxes to stay away from controversy? Since PC players would probably notice the abundance of loot boxes compared to casual mobile players (Which is a smart move)

I would say the loot boxes was a temporary thing semc did it for a certain goal , and they probably done with it now , but this is tough , like I can’t say Iam 100% they won’t go back to it , because loot boxes could be something addictive and money lure you to do things , so I think their intention is temporary thing but maybe they make it permanent at some point .

I honestly hope not and that SEMC finds better ways to monetize the game while still remaining appealing to players

BrInG BaCk EsPoRtS

3 Likes

I mean…I want the esports back ._.

It will come back i believe, anyway i found a ton of funny reviews

Yeah one of em does not recommend it simplt cause it is a mobile port as if that changes the core gameplay (And even then, the game looks gorgeous even on PC. Just add a bit of anti-aliasing and polish the models specifically for PC a bit like the minion models and you got a damn beautiful game)

Some of the reviews are pretty unfair and urk me though like the whole “It’S lItErAlLy JuSt A pC pOrT oF a MoBiLe GaMe” as mentioned above like no shit, but said mobile game is good enough to port over to PC with no problem…

1 Like

So the loading time issue I had earlier is nowhere to be seen, that’s a plus for me but man the community panel on steam is not looking too good.
One thing I’m looking forward to is complete controller support, don’t know how or if they gonna do it but would love to see that.

Doubt it would work. Only works for the switch cause of the touchpad screen and can work for mouse and keyboard cause of the number keys/mice with number keys on em

Theoretically, it can work though bc all of the standard console controllers have enough buttons to handle all the basic gameplay aspects such as basic attacks and abilities ofc, with just enough to handle the max 6 activatables, cams, flask, and the scoreboard. It’ll most likely be really awkward to use, (especially bc the game was designed, for the most part, for tap controls) but still possible.

DzViNwzU0AA9KEK

The early reviews are trickling in on Steam … :rofl:

Image credit: Vyzeox

4 Likes

Very accurate. Very nice! I wonder if that second dude is an ass man and has seen Koshka :rofl:

2 Likes

Played a casual match recently. The game ran smoothly on my part, but there was a tiny bit of rubber banding (Not enough to be obnoxious thank god), but the game DID freeze a few times and one of my freezes got me killed. Otherwise the game is stable for me, so I’m happy! Just gotta add a few things like a scroll bar and custom builds and it could make the game feel more welcoming for pc veteran MOBA players. They also need to restructure their new UI to be more appealing for PC cause it works for phones and tablets, but like I said before, feels extremely empty on PC

SEMC knows their audience. Wait till he (or she, not making any assumptions) seen summer party skins.

1 Like