VG Minimalist Skin Art

Thank you, and take your time I am in no rush

I can wait for it. Don’t rush for make it.

Red Lantern Gwen please?

This text will be blurred

1 Like

Voila!!! One Horus Idris done!!! Took 3 hours lol but came out :thumbs3:
Up next Adagio and then that sweet sweet Gwen skin

4 Likes

I love it thank you
VAIBGLORY30

just saw the edits, your style improved a lot! good job!!

1 Like

Woah just saw the new Fort art. U really improved. Looks way cleaner now

1 Like

Holy smokes, you have improved immensely.

2 Likes

Adagio done :L im definitely not happy with how it came out going to be honest when I have more time I’ll probably redo it again, just been really busy with college and work :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You should start experimenting with popping the colors out, like with minimal gradients, or shadows. It’s obvious you’ve improved with your linework - move into more experimentation!

2 Likes

Wow, this one came out really well. Very nice.

2 Likes

Thank you! Im waiting for it. :wink:

In this picture, i didn’t like Adagio’s left hand. Cuz his one finger is wrong. :frowning:

1 Like

Crap i didnt realize :sweat_smile:
Il fix it when I redo it no worries :thumbs3:

1 Like

Delivery!!!
I finished Red Lantern Gwen she came out nicely IMO

1 Like

Oh my. Good job. :thumbs: Dem lines.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: I have no clue what you mean by minimal gradient
As for shadows i was actually thinking about those…maybe on the next one

A gradient that isn’t over the top or too intense.

Oof …so good thanks.

I’d have to assume he means a 2 or 3 shades darkers slowly coming into the original color probably something like This please note i do not own this image or the characters in said image

You have to be careful with shadows in these. While they CAN look nice, they can also make it look much more complex than you intend. Which defeats the minimalist style. If you search for “minimalist character wallpapers” on google images, some good and bad examples come up.

This is an example of a good one. Some things that I specifically note as “good”-

• The color scheme.

• Shading with darker colors and contrast, not shadows.

The forms and shapes are not defined by lines, but by other colors. This creates the sharper, less rendered look that I think you’re going for. This one is also more complicated though, but it always doesn’t have to be the case.

I also really like this one-

Notice how there’s not so many shadows or any textures, but it’s still that minimalist look. Some reasons why like I like this one-

• It’s only a few colors. Limited color ranges can be a nice effect, especially if one color is the background AND on the character, like Ariel’s hair.
  • The shadow on the ground makes her pop so while she does blend into the background a little because of the hair/background, you can still tell where she is. It also gives her the appearance of sitting on a surface, not just floating in space. You don’t have these problems because your characters take up most of the page, so I wouldn’t worry about that too much. Just to point it out.

You also don’t HAVE to limit your colors. Especially since you’re doing these off splash arts, which are very rich. Here’s a few examples of ones that have a wider range of color.

Notice however that both did have colors in common with the background. It’s not necessary, but it does make the character/s stand out less. A point of minimalism is subtly. It’s hard to get all the identifying features in such a simple-looking piece. I like the direction these are headed though.

And, of course, “good” is subjective, so take all of this with a grain of salt. I like your work, I hope you keep doing it and improving.

3 Likes