VG marketing where?

Is it a thing any more? (3 tweets in 5 days??) Where are they promoting the game these days?

Trying to keep on top of any VG news, but that’s proving difficult lately …

2 Likes

Yeah, the game now really feel dead in every aspect. Yes, still a few players around, but even heroes of order and chaos still got some players there… so this itself is nothing to brag about. I laugh every time when I remember the 5vs5 reveal and the jokes about ML and AOV… ML is now miles ahead in development and got a massive player base (to put it lightly). AOV reached stable state and all the efforts are towards LOL so no complains there and even they update the game regularly and with an effort (tho they got like 1/20 or less the ML player base, but still times the VG one).

1 Like

I guess I just don’t understand the lack of effort on SEMC’s part – marketing on social media is basically free (they already have a ton of graphic assets they can use, for instance). Heck, even I have something to let me schedule tweets days or weeks in advance – it would be a matter of a couple of hours of work maybe one day a week to keep their Twitter account active.

1 Like

To put some numbers from samsung game launcher that tracks the gaming on all of the samsung devices (and that’s quite the market share).
VG got 20k player base
AOV got 55k
ML got 1.74 MILLIONS

And only ML is rapidly growing rn (before 2m it was 1.5m for example), the other two are declining.

1 Like

Totally agree, it’s like they don’t care at all to even try to bring a little more attention towards the game. As you said, basically for free and without needing a lot of effort.

1 Like

Game’s dead, and semc killed it. We know that, they know that, they’re not even trying anymore.

Yeah sure it has some players and new heroes and skins and updates and blah blah blah, I don’t care. The game isn’t growing. Hasn’t been in a long time. It’s just doing the bare minimum to keep existing, which is basically pumping fanservice skins and new heroes with broken kits. That’s pretty dead to my eyes.

2 Likes

I was actually wondering why they did the email hidden codes but then I thought about their new game , if they want us to check our emails that means they targeting us for the new game not for vainglory , I think they going to use the emails to make the player base try it and put all their work on ads .

If you want to follow what ML did , they worked hard on ads then they worked on quality , semc probably going to do that to their new game .

But email is almost dead as a communication medium, so I don’t think it makes any sense to try marketing a new game (or anything else, really) that way.

1 Like

It totally does not, it’s one of the worse ways in the current modern time.

1 Like