I think Vainglory did have some cinematography like contests.
Remember the movie contests?
However, I think they squandered the opportunities those contests had because of wonky ‘replay’ camera controls on mobile, and also by not really showing much interest in the community’s efforts (e.g… slow to announce winners, not a lot of mentions of the contest around their social sites etc).
There is however a great opportunity for this to be remedied and expanded further - all thanks to the camera controls for replay mode on Vainglory PC.
Just look at these controls and shots this YouTuber made!
What I want to see SEMC do next is figure out a way to smoothen replay camera controls on mobile and provide an instructional video on how to use them.
As far as I’m aware, the only video that showed the replay camera controls on mobile came from this:
Even then, there’s no real instructions. It’s been like 2 years or so since 1.24…
In my experience:
- Control is divide into 2 - one finger and two fingers controls.
- One finger controls allows you to swipe/move camera and touch areas while messing with the U.I. display and replay speed.
- Two finger controls allow you to alter camera angles and zoom.
- The two finger controls are finicky, as they tend to glitch and mess your camera angle if you do not release the two fingers at the same time.
- A solution to the above problem is to tap the mini map with one finger or touch the U.I. to focus on one hero.