[UI] A Collection of Community Suggestions

Ok I know I’m late to the party but damn that is good. How can SEMC give us the game in the state that it is and pretend it’s fine when the community is so involved and loves the game so much we get someone doing this. SEMC does not deserve their community, and the community deserves way better.

3 Likes

:anger: I’m… quite angry about this. Reposting artwork is one thing, but they straight up stole our logo and have been using it as their facebook and instagram branding, including social media assets and announcement posts.

Been tossing GoogleTranslated anger at them, and they’ll not use it anymore, but are hesitating to remove all the images they’ve already used it in.

4 Likes

Oo I see they have an empty profile pic now. Honestly surprised that they even took it down, but hey, it’s a win.

So, I feel bad because it’s probably just some dude who liked the logo and wants his page to look more professional and for vainglory to do well. But still… you can’t just bite someone’s branding. So I made him a replacement, which is waaaaaay better than he deserves:

If he doesn’t remove all the posts I ask him to, I’m going to blow a fuse.

5 Likes

You went above and beyond than what he should have gotten.

You must radiate kindness from your pores to do this and I mean it in a kind way :cowboy_hat_face:

I would have just given whoever it was a google image to use :mask:

2 Likes

Of all the people whose logo he could have stolen from, he stole from the one who was willing to give him a custom-made replacement. The world works in mysterious ways. :blush:

5 Likes

Update. I’ve been blocked, and they put the original logo back up.

2 Likes

I was going to say that the original logo is better than the one you made it for them , I would block you and use it again too , I would make it the game icon if I were semc .

You wanted them to stop using the logo and remove all of the content that had it because it wasn’t theirs to use and you even went out of your way to provide a replacement then they just go and block you? :okx99:

4 Likes

Nope, just sweet sweet anger.

Also @Xhaos sorry to derail your thread with this. I had a couple people offer to add voices to the request and it looks like the matter’s settled now.

3 Likes

Looks like they’re using Caine’s face as their “logo” now. I wonder why they didn’t just use the logo you made them, but that’s beyond me lol. The derailing is fine. It’s not like there is much to talk about in these kinds of threads :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That will never happen because they are running this thing just like EA runs its things, if they put a representative, sooner or later it would be blatantly obvious they are a soulless corporation who do not care about their fans. “Welcome to the corporate world, ■■■■, do not enjoy your stay here.”

Ive been away and i miss this aaaaaaaaaaaa
I wished this was the patch notes

5 Likes

welcome back!
Hope I did your party suggestion justice :wink:

This is such amazing work. I certainly don’t agree all of these changes are worth the development time or space in the game. For example I believe the card album has no place in VG anymore, and some of the functionality I just don’t agree needs to be in the game. Beyond those little things, there is no denying how polished and high quality this project is. And the majority of the changes would benefit the game significantly.

1 Like

This is just pure perfection. It doesn’t take away anything essence of the current UI, it only gets better. Everything is considered, redesigned and polished to the root. I can’t think of a more beautiful design than this, so good in general.

The most impressive stuff I’ve found is that the whole concept is completed not from a paid team that works in a company, but from a bunch of casual players who love and care about this game. Despite all other negative comments you can possibly find in any social media Vainglory is in, these guys put their full passion into it, and I appreciate all the hard works.

I’ve just posted this link on my Twitter account for 24 hours, and I tagged every account I remembered that works for SEMC or has some significant influence to the company, for the hope that one of them will see this and maybe reply to let me know that they’ve read it. However, all I get are just 2 likes from some random people. Probably since I’m not really anything at all in the line of heard voices (Translation: I’m not popular in the community). I’d like to spam this over and over, but that is not my kind of personality, though.

Therefore, I hope that everyone in this community helps get their attention on Twitter (which is their most active social account in the way I see it) and possibly stick this concept into their notification (literally). This would make a lot of progress.

5 Likes

Noticed you’re new to our little corner of the net – welcome to the forums! :vgcheersx3:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot! Although I’ve spent 2 years playing this game, I’ve just found out about this forums during the last 2 days.

4 Likes

What brought you here, if you don’t mind answering? Was it a google search, or twitter link? Or maybe just an undeniable urge to talk about Skaarf, the best hero, in all areas of the internet?

3 Likes

Hahaha! Those are some quite interesting ways to approach, but no. I actually come to this forums because of a link from Reddit to the same post we’re on right now.

4 Likes