This place can be a lot more than what the forums were

I still have a hard time understanding this new forum which is the reason I mostly just browse and keep my mouth shut. The thought just struck me tho, how will new players find this place? The old forums were found because it was linked everywhere SEMC linked their socials. This place is just going to be spread by word of mouth? Also you said there are devs here? That’s pretty cool.

spreading the word to other users, yes, but there’s also a lot of discussion about this forum on the most recent threads on the official one. It was mentioned a lot while the other one was shutting down, so even if this isn’t the top search result, anyone looking through the old forum will likely realize it’s shut down very quickly and find this one while browsing.

Word of mouth + Search results as we get more content, people promoting good posts on other platforms etc. I think once some of the wiki’s are more robust they will be a huge community resource.

We are at 5 devs last time I checked.

1 Like

They need and want it as it would be impossible to learn the broken hereos and items unless they listen. Sadly it is the best and worst thing they have done but shutting down their forums

I mean they play the game too though right?

2 Likes

I doubt they want to be here. I’m sure they’re here to monitor the growth and see if it’s as toxic as the old forums. They didn’t want to be in their own forum which is why they shut it down.

1 Like

I agree that’s the most likely scenario.

1 Like

Honestly there’s pros and cons with the whole shift… For one, a lot of my old forum posts and thngs I did on the old forums were lost, but at the same time this new forum (ooo shiny) seems easier to navigate and seems to be picking up quite well within the community. Of course it will be hard to rebuild the full community of what the old forums once had, but I believe it’s possible given time. :thinking:

4 Likes