The reason we have so many chests

Lol was thinking the same thing. SEMC are novices at this mobile game marketplace compared to other companies. I mean, the other companies are super greedy but they make the chests free to open. Wtf? The thing that’s scary, and I used to love this game but don’t anymore, is that this business model burns out the playerbase and destroys the game, but they don’t care because it’s immensely profitable.

coincidence that i brought up in here then someone else posted this in reddit?.. i think not. anyways, i dont think SEMC plans on not being money hungry any time soon and that makes me sad.

1 Like

Back when it was easy to collect Taka and Rona cards by playing matches… Plus if we don’t want their skin, we can destroy them in exchange for essence. oh those Glory days…

2 Likes

the taka event wasnt that easy. 6 wins in standard pvp each weekend for a month is still quite steep. and you missed 6 cards you had to buy.

rona on the other hand was actually a good event. enough time to have some flexibility, not asking for too much and if needed you could buy the few missing cards.

the summerparty event wasnt that good either, you would not get the skins from reaching level 50 and getting 7! wins each weekend day.
they added some extra cards in the end, because players got really salty over this and kept the cards in the market after the event, so players could get the rest.

the rona cards were worthless btw, but those taka cards got me ardan t3.

3 Likes

i didnt have to buy any of the taka cards for the remainder 0_o

then you got immensly lucky with drops. you only got 8 cards through the event + 2 cards as an excuse for their bug.

1 Like

Yep… and those missing 8 cards cost a chunk of ICE. Not quite the price of a regular limited skin, but close enough to make the wallet hide in the corner and tremble.

I would have gone for it anyway, but it was the same marketing scheme @idmonfish explained above:

As much as I liked the skin (and still do), I didn’t want to reward that sort of behaviour.
Sadly, the recoloured version will forever be the hallmark of insta-locking feeders, so…

2 Likes

The gold key is from days ago, before all the ‘selling more keys and chests’ bs started.

im guessing that the Summer Key will be in a rng chest or u will have to pay $5 for a imaginary key that’s worthless

I have a pretty big feeling that we’ll probably only be given the opportunity to get 5-9 summer keys through events and then the remaining ones will have to be bought in the market sigh

I would like to know the odds on the gold chests. Right now it is spending money on RNG without knowing the odds…

There you go. For me not worth it, it should be 3 gold keys for 250 ICE.

2 Likes

Gold chests seem pretty decent actually…

Nothing that is gambling is decent imho. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

but not 250 ice decent. you only have a 20% at getting a skin.

2 Likes