The perfect Moba for bugs

Hello, beautiful people. It took me a while, but I decided to talk to you for the first time after playing Vainglory for 1 year. I love this game. The originality, format, heroes, skins, maps and graphics fill me with admiration. Lately, it has been difficult to play it under proper conditions. So many bugs! Just a seasonal reward skin and problems with internet connection. These things are highly discouraging. I believe this game is one of the best MOBAS ever created. And I would like to contribute to your improvement:

1. In my opinion, the number of ban on the 5v5 draft should be 3 for each team. We are reaching the mark of 50 heroes in the game! There are many unbalanced heroes and difficult to deal;

2. We players still deal with communication problems, despite the acquisition of chat in matches. In the lobby, notifications do not arrive when a friend calls to go duo queue;

3. I think we need more items. With the withdrawal of candy from minions, Nullwave of Gaulent (miss him), etc … many captains were left with no options to stop engages and start team fights;

4. AND PLEASE BACK WITH HEROES LORES.

5 Likes

Oh, you. I’m a sucker for flattery…

As to your post itself, thanks for writing this out! Just a heads up, you might have noticed we moved this out of the Help! category and into Heroes, Builds, and Items. “Help” is just for technical questions with clear answers, whereas the other categories are more for discussion. :cheers_boba_t2:

Any of the things you brought up could be a thread on its own! I’d recommend picking one and starting a thread on just that, so it’s easier for people to brainstorm and respond. :kraken_happy_t1:

1 Like

For example?

Items aren’t supposed to sustituted a hero’s kit but enhance it. If you hero has no peeling, you can’t expect items to allow you peel like a hero who has it. Also, neither NG nor MC allowed to stop engages nor start a fight.

Won’t happen any time soon. People just didn’t read it enough.

1 Like

Plus it doesn’t help that SugarVenom isn’t on the team anymore. If they were to bring the lore back, it’s really unlikely that it’ll have the same quality as her writing or even fit well into the world she made.

4 Likes

I agree with the first sentence, but not with the second. The reason SEMC discarded the lore (and our beloved lore mistress) was that they abandoned their original approach to building Vainglory as a cohesive, immersive world and increasingly focused on squeezing money out of every part of the game. Paying Sarah to create a mythos for your game and a history for your heroes makes sense if you want enthusiastic, engaged, and loyal players. If all you are concerned about is whether someone is going to buy your latest ICE deal, then paying a writer is a waste of money.

Hiring Kristian as CEO might have been a smart business move (though that’s quite a debatable point), but it was after he took over that SEMC started to increasingly resemble EA (which is not really surprising, considering Kristian was an EVP of EA before joining SEMC).

5 Likes

Oh sorry. I’m new here. Thanks!

Okay, that’s right. But I disagree in your last sentence. NG was one of the best items to annihilate a carry or take away the chances of your captain saving it with Fountaim, Crucible for example. We need more armor and desengaje tems.

The Lore was great. Seeing how the heroes were connected was one of the coolest aspects. Every other decent and popular MOBA does it and even if you don’t think people are reading you are doing a disservice to the folks who have been here from the beginning and want to support the franchise. The fact that the CEO is from EA explains a lot about the changes to the game. I started playing when Vox was added and Petal’s seeds could heal her and her allies. Before the horrible blueprint system, one of the reasons I play was to get enough glory to buy characters and buy the glory card boxes to get cards to make skins I wanted. I use to try to keep my badge as a person who supports the game by purchasing ICE whenever the badge was about to expire. But this new lore-less version that is always trying to money from the players with so litte in return kind of sucks. Now without ICE, you can get a skin unless it’s a SE skin once they are available for opals. You guys give Talents coins all the time and now there is only one dedicated game mode to use it in. By removing the ability for players to grind to get things you drive people from the game. I stop playing 3v3 because you guys drop casual mode and so far every team I have been on ranked has been with lesser skilled teammates or one so bad we are playing 2 on 3 and the other team always has 3 decent players who work together. I hope you guys can look at doing the bare minimum at least get the lore going again.

Just a reminder: there’s no one from SEMC here on these forums … we’re all community members, just like you :sunglasses:

Even so, maybe they might hear about it, here’s to hoping.