The current state of 3v3 and Ranked matchmaking post 2.12

Try not to soloq. Everybody faces trolls and afks. You are more positive than most people who realize this issue, so good job!

It’s hard for me. I don’t get online in a very scheduled or predictable manner and I’m kind of bad with small talk in between matches. My two incredible guild mates are also too high of a rank now to rank with me! I also don’t catch them online as often as I’d like to. I’m thankful they’ve both stayed in the guild.

2 Likes

Same here soloque 90%.

Matchmaker is giving me the weirdest match ups though. When I captain I often have more damage than my jungler… And that is with no offense except a clockwork… Jungler goes 0/7/3 while i am 2/5/4 also I get matched with people 200+ ranked points lower ugh…

Yeah I stopped ranking waaaaay back when they created guild rewards because I was a solo que player and that killed all the solo fun. now I play the 5v5 beta and I am seriously thinking of ranking when it comes out. also like a few posts above me play some krul.

They will use your 3v3 rank to place you in 5v5. You might want to rank up in 3v3.

I’m doing this right now and it’s pretty awful. I got out of one elo hell to fall into another.

1 Like

god no. 3v3 rank is unplayable atm.
they should just use the previous season rank or casual level.

I know but they are s EVIL mc…

3v3 is fine as long as you have adapted to the shifting meta - I’ve won pretty much all my recent games by spamming Flicker and Koshka as a combo.

1 Like

Me eitehr, I have won every single time I pick Vox CP.
EDIT: don’t believe me guys, don’t ban Vox. He deserves better!

I’ve lost everytime my teammates have picked up cp vox and won every time the enemy has him. I don’t understand the fear of him in 3v3.

Hmm, weird. My vgpro.gg said he is the strongest in this game right now. Look!

Those are some impressive damage numbers. But two of those games were vs a Saw who vox counters.

My small sample size says the opposite.

I think where I’m at right now with CP vox is that he is strong vs certain comps but has definite counters especially in 3v3. He’s not a ban priority for me.

I mean he’s still countered by the enemy spreading out.

So it is fine as long as you abuse the broken heroes? That is not balance man… I have a100% winrate as koshka atm too…

Flicker and koshka are both very very strong…

I don’t have a lot of time to play 30 minute matches, however, I usually complete quests in Blitz mode.

I wouldn’t even consider myself a “good player.”

As a newer player, I’d like to offer a little insight as to what might be happening.

A) Reccommended Builds - I turned this off ONE time, and spent most of my time trying to figure out WHAT to buy. The “trash builds” could be a lack of knowledge of builds, or just not knowing where to go to find that sort of information.

B) As a new player, I play around with the heroes that are available to me. I just unlocked Krul, played with him a bit in bot matches, and then went into a Blitz match…they might be rusty or practicing new heroes.

C) I’ll admit, every time I sit down to play a 30 minute match, I’ve had to AFK because of life, hence why I stick to Blitz…for now. I want to be courteous and if I can’t commit to that time block, I’d rather not bother.

D) Was their favorite/best hero already chosen? When Celeste is in the free to play rotation, it is oftentimes difficult to play her because I am best with her. I try to rotate between a bunch of different heroes.

E) Speaking of rotation…could it be due to players playing with heroes that are in the current rotation? I see this a lot - Samuel just hit rotation, and some players are Gods, while others, do not do so well, but are probably bored of playing the same old heroes.

F) Everyone has a role. A lot of times, I’ll see two junglers, or two carries. Nobody wants to play a captain. I’ve been on teams with two junglers, rather than a captain, carry and a jungler.
From my observations, jungler seems to be the most coveted role, while captain is the least desired.

Now, I understand all of the above can be resolved with practicing all kinds of heroes in all the roles, but not everyone has that mentality. Instalockers, for example. Great. Now they’re stuck playing a role/hero they hate…so they choose to be toxic instead of sucking it up and giving it a real chance, you know?

I hope this helps, and if there is a website that can educate me on what heroes go best with one another, or what item builds are great for each hero, that would be insanely helpful. Because I’d rather be educated, than risk being toxic.

3 Likes

Brokenmyth.net is a great source of info

Thank you! I will be sure to look that up, and if there is any other criticisms or pointers you guys have, I am all ears!

1 Like

For this kind of debate its better to use vainsocial’s meta data: https://vainsocial.com/vgmeta/hero

So for example if you limit it to this patch, ranked games and carry role you get this:

@Xaldarian no I entirely agree 3v3 balance is off - thats what the data shows - I am just saying that its still possible to play and have fun by adapting to that. You have to keep in mind VG players are largely spoiled by how well balanced heroes have been in VG - the winrate variance has historically been very low despite the variety of heroes.

I checked your vgpro stats, and to be honest, I don’t think you have face real players using Vox properly (forgive me if you consider this is an insult, but it is the truth). Look, every single match which timer past 20:00, Vox CP’s damage always reach >50k if both team play safe, and if not, his damage can read up to 130k after 25 mins (the only hero I saw reach that peak is Varya - not to mention Saw in low rank). Believe me, it is a totally pick-or-ban since there are almost no heroes that could counter him currently (well, if your allies are noob and they won’t cover you so that is a different story).

I can’t believe how many times my teammate using Vox CP trying to shoot Ringo WP and not the minions next to him. I have asked my friend who is in rank 7 to play some matches and check, and yeah, I saw the problem is because people love to kill each other directly (that explains why so many wants to carry so much). From the new patch, I just lost with Vox CP once and even in that match my KDA was still pretty good.

I never trust this site, guess what?

Hmm, what happen if Catherine appears in both side, I wonder?

1 Like

All the api sites draw on the same source of data so they are all equally reliable or not.

There you are looking at very small numbers since you have selected one region, one role and one tier - it can only draw on the games that have been played and if in those games that hero has won them all it will have a 100% winrate so I am not sure I see your point.

Oviously if you want more reliable data you need to look at bigger numbers which you achieve by having less restrictions. Anything that is very low pick rate is likely to be fairly unreliable, however high pick rate heroes are fairly representative. Such as SAW and Vox.

1 Like