Surrenders

Does anyone else thumbs down a team that surrenders a non snowballed game with no afks? I feel its a troll move to surrender under those circumstances a win doesn’t feel right when it happens

3 Likes

I don’t usually thumbs-down anyone except for truly toxic behavior. I always give thumbs-ups to the losing side if they played at all well, so that team would get nothing from me in that case.

1 Like

Certainly not. I only dish out a thumbs-down if there are signs of active trolling/abuse/toxicity.

To me a surrending during conditions of a full match and one turret left is trolling it leaves me feeling like I didn’t win but moree like I lost an expieriences some of the best teamfights happen in those situations

1 Like

This is where the opinions differ. If the majority vote is that it’s time to put the match to rest, then accept that and move onto the next match, imo. Just because their decision was to surrender doesn’t mean you’re being trolled. This to me sounds as if you’re basing your thumbs-downs on your personal emotions/opinions with little or no consideration to the other 9 players.

I don’t use thumbs down often, but feeling is the only way to use the system you have no idea what the otger person is thinking

I disagree. You can see when a player is actively being a troll, vs being unskilled, and the latter is no reason to thumbs-down. I wholeheartedly suggest you think about your reasoning for giving players the thumbs-down, and what that entails. Remember those are real people on the other side, possibly giving the match their all, and you consider them trolls because you think the match could have gone on longer. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

You cant give it all when you quit. Imagine a mma match where after taking a punch the guy taps out

1 Like

You’ve made your stance on the topic quite clear, you do you. Cheers.

I have to agree with @Satanicsoldier here somewhat.

A surrender is worse than an afk or an active troll. The troll is at least trying something. People wanting to surrender a winnable match should all lose extra elo. I never ever want to surrender.

2 Likes

Ive been in games where we lost all turrets and we still came back to win, one person who I thought trolled the game saved us with like 100 scout traps around the vain crystal making it imossible to escape the carnage

2 Likes

Too many unnecessary surrenders.

I blame it on casual players sipping on rum and coke, playing with one pinky finger and eating beer nutz while using 1 lazy eye.

Casual players who don’t want to break a sweat. “oopz i died once, lets surrender after the second death”.

I feel no remorse what so ever for reporting them for trolling and hopefully putting them in LPQ.

I thumbs down ALOT… why? because they deserve it.

2 Likes

The more you use the thumbs-down option, the less each one of your votes means. You know that, right?

yup, i do. and i still do it. ALOT. because in the Ocean OF SEA… Dem Trolls are a plenty. Schools of thousands.

1 Like

I would love that to be true yet somehow it doesn’t seem riggt as i went through a bad spur of 4 team mates surrendering with both teams having one lane of turrets gone, and after each game there were at least 2 ban messages

1 Like

i personally see at least 3 bans per day now… used to be at least 12 per day… PER DAY… think about it…

1 Like

It’s been repeatedly confirmed by the devs to work that way.

As far as the bans go, since they’ve never once explained exactly what leads to a ban, it’s hard to know how they’re meted out.

1 Like

Not normally. Just when they afk or are trolling. But i think they surrender (especially in 5v5) because they dont want to see themselves completely loose. Ive known people that surrender because they think its better than actually losing when the crystal is destroyed.

It used to be that you got no sunlight or guild fame when you surrendered. Is that still true?

1 Like

I believe so. If i remember correctly when i played a 5 the other day i didnt get any because the rest of the team surrendered.

1 Like