Sliding menus make me want to lie down on the floor and cry

For the love of THE GREAT SPAGHETTI IN THE SKY can we pLeAsE be rid of the sliding “Play” menu?

This thing has been sliding since before I left and I can’t fathom why anyone would want to see the buttons be cut off slightly before a match.

2 Likes

Welcome back

[spoiler]                                                           [/spoiler]
1 Like

it’s not sliding for me? it’s just a normal button?

I’m not understanding what you’re on about… please include pics?

4 Likes

I thought you were talking about the hero/skin/talent menus, where if the screen is moving even a TINY bit then you can’t click and it slides around.

That’s infuriating. semc fix your game

WHY DOES IT NEED TO SLIDE
JUST FORMAT THE BUTTONS BETTER

It’s a solution that allows for the addition of future game modes with minimal design alteration. It’s purposefully set to overflow to let players that there’s more to the right. It’s a clever little design touch, really. You’re right that there’s a better solution for a VG app with only four game modes, no more no less, but this is a design to satisfy development down the line.

Depending on what they end up adding, I can see a future where there’s a primary space for the last mode you played or something, and a scrollable section for additional modes. But who knows. :woman_shrugging: Also, why all caps? Chill out.

1 Like