Should ARAM have talents?

This is an opinion, not a fact. It’s an opinion echoed by a lot of loud voices, and it might actually be true, but you’ve got no proof that “the whole community” feels this way. It’s fine to talk about opinions, and even say that you see the opinion being shared by many, but it’s not ok to talk about opinions as if they’re facts, which is what you’re doing. And doing that is leading you to make unsupported generalizations like “blitz was the most popular mode but after talents became least popular” and even put words in CaptNeato’s mouth, i.e., that he said talents were a mistake and ruined the brawl modes - neither of which you put up any evidence for.

Again, there’s no problem giving your opinion, but I draw a line at speaking about opinions as facts and making false claims.

Easy:

“Here’s my opinion, and here’s why I hold that opinion: [gives evidence and interpretation of evidence]”

Then everyone’s on the same footing, and we can have a good discussion! :cheers_boba_t2:

Can’t stop won’t stop. :sunny_happy_3:

No need to delete your posts. I’ll stop replying though since I’ve derailed this thread enough.

It was just a joke. I’m not trying to be mean or anything.

It’s also a song reference. Don’t you listen to garbage hip hop!?

1 Like

Well , the page updated in 25 March 2019 , and at that time we had rumble permanent and Aram event and ARAL was removed , that gave the impression that we are living in the future because in that article they said all brawl modes will include talents and they could consider releasing non talent ones , but I’ve seen increasing promotion to talents from that time while the reality support talentless modes .

So I asked myself are we living in the talents mode time or are we living the future semc talking about ,talentless modes , the last update answered the question , a whole new lvl of promoting talents and bringing back a mode that they considered it not worth keeping , so to be honest because of this non sense thing they did of removing ARAL and then decide to get it back , I actually think that ARAL was being replaced by a talent Aram but talent Aram got problems so instead of giving us talentless modes the next updates they decided to bring back ARAL until they make Aram talent ready .

No. ARAM is good because it is talentless. Ifnyou add talents to ARAM you ruin the mode for a TON of players, myself included.

So just for the sake of discussion, I’m not sure talents would ruin ARAM. I don’t think they’ve done so for ARAL - I still find that mode really enjoyable, and win with no/low-level talents often - and with more players per match in ARAM, I’d have to think that the percent impact of an OP talent would be less. One might even make a case that ARAM should have talents, and it’s ARAL that shouldn’t.

I appreciate the devil’s advocate post and agree with most of the perspective of your post, except this. Kensei being invulnerable, and San feng spamming barriers with either tiger stance or his B, it’s just as powerful no matter the numbers.

I’m not sure which I’d choose - regarding ARAL vs ARAM. I think change is always risky. Folks are used to ARAL with talents. Take that away, some will be excited, some will be livid. Add talents to ARAM, same thing. You can’t please everyone. I’d steer the safer route and keep the two modes as they are. I will say, as I’ve already mentioned, if they add talents to ARAM, then I feel they must remove talents from ARAL.

2 Likes

True, there are a few unique cases where more heroes would actually increase the OPness.

Personally, barring a real rework of talents in general, I’d either a) put talents in ARAM, take 'em out of ARAL, and rework the offending OP ones, or b) keep it the way it is - ARAL talents, ARAM no talents. I’m leaning to the first, because the strategic options of five talent synergies would be interesting and hilarious, and it would force semc to address the really offensive outliers, which I think would be a healthy thing to do, in general. But option B is fine by me too.

2 Likes

In my opinion yes. Talents were added, they are part of game, abandoning them now would be an insult to everyone who invested time/money into them.

I personally really enjoy talents, they are objectively pay to win, but even without any high level talents, I stillenjoy using them as thing they bring a lot of diversely and potential creativity in playstyle to the game.

ARAM is in my opinion way better than ARAL, with usually much more balanced match ups and potential for different heroes to shine. talents I find work really well in random hero game modes because it’s hard to abuse the best ones, and can open up a lot of option for your team. I ended up playing Captain Inara in ARAL recently with her healing talent which was quite enjoyable, and wouldn’t have been possible without those options.

Yeah. If talents were not p2w they could be awesome for brawls, but that is not the case rn

As I said, they are objectively pay to win. I’m just saying I’d prefer them added to ARAM over them not being added, even in their current form.