SEMC should hire a balancing team

In 5v5 it is.

The spread is not disimilar to leading mobas, no hero has a hugely dominant winrate.

Yes some heroes are stronger than others.
Yes new heroes especially insanely complex ones like Malene are hard to balance.

But given a reasonable appreciation of how exactly tough it is to balance a moba, balance at the moment is not particularly bad.

4 Likes

He is a hero you want to see a lower than 50% winrate on in any case - because he ought to be a counter pick hero and when counter pick heroes hit above 50% they are obnoxiously dominant.

4 Likes

That’s true . I guess I’m probably ignoring , like you said, the effort balancing actually takes . But I still wish we could reach an alright balance which is still better than the current one. Its definitely just my personal opinion I guess. Thanks very much for the info too.

Thank you my kind sir, sorry to drag you into this

Wait, shouldn’t counter pick heroes have a higher than 50 win % and a very low pick %? Because they should only be picked to counter specific heroes, and they’d typically win against those heroes? Sorry if I got it wrong.

4 Likes

Sure if everyone drafts perfectly.

If they don’t then its sub fifty since most of the time the hero is picked its the wrong time to pick them.

What you will see with counter pick heroes is that their winrates increase drastically as skill tiers climb so for example in vg silver+ territory they would often have 65% or higher winrates in 3v3 (Petal for example when she was widely considered weak had a 65%+ winrate in vg silver because they only drafted her into comps where she was a great counter).

4 Likes

And Lance, Saw, Blackfeather, Skye.

Same thing with League’s ape balance team (excuse my language).

Saw 45.85%
Blackfeather 46.48%
Lance 44.64%(still Damm near goal)
Skye 45.56%

SAW is a hero that is utterly toxic in low level play when his winrate approaches 50%.

BF is rather like Taka a counter pick hero who in the right hands is devastating so you would expect a lower winrate.

Skye is in an interesting place - her mobility got nerfed for 5v5 and she hasn’t cut it since really. EA plays her bot as WP and makes it work and its possible she could be run jungle or top with her most recent buffs. But she broadly speaking sucks as a mid laner because she can be body blocked so well.

Lance they are actively buffing and honestly I am surprised his winrate is so low still - he has had a couple of good buffs and in my thinking competitively I consider him one of the top 3 roams right now. It might be that his kit is so skillshot dependent and fairly unforgiving.

3 Likes

I was saying was all in the tolerance range or pretty near.
As for Lance I think another big issue is his mobility.
Skye I have been having more luck with her as a jungler in wp path than anything

So, basically they don’t give a crap about the other 99% of people who play the game that aren’t in that Discord?

3 Likes

Jeez wtf I can barely get vg on my phone let alone discourse. Stupid POS system, cc processor, and 2nd line apps and carrier bloatware

Oh my, how absolutely wonderful is that

1 Like

Oh i just miss Vg before 3.0 before 5v5 exist when everything worked fine and fun, unlike after 3.0…

I wish 3.0 version never exist…

1 Like

Everything worked fine? Guild team and party chats worked?

So I have this idea: let’s first balance the game around 3v3, then change the Talent system and impliment it into 5v5.

@LamDumbasspro can I ask you to keep your ideas to yourself before you become the forums 2nd meme

6 Likes

With how much money people have probably poured into talents, it’s not a good idea to change it and should be left to brawl modes only

Did you see the part “Change the Talent system”?