RWBY Vol 6

Lol, yeah pretty much! It’s hard to believe that this season is almost over! It’s been a GREAT one, and a lot has happened, but as far as the characters are concerned, only a few days have gone by since the start of Vol 6 Chapter 1! There is so much of the story left to learn!

For those (like me) who wonder about such things as timelines

Rough RWBY Timeline

• Volume 1 - several months (1 school semester)
  • Volume 2 - several months (1 school semester)
  • Volume 3 - most events occur over a few weeks (Vytal Festival), followed by a timeskip from fall → winter
  • Volumes 4 & 5 - 9+ months (spring through late fall, beginning several months after the end of Volume 3)
  • Volume 6 - about 1 month (starting 2 weeks after the end of Volume 5)

So Volume 6 starts about 2 years after the beginning of Volume 1 …

1 Like

Just watched the finale – it was a great end to the season (as well as a setup for the next volume, of course)!

My reaction (spoilers)

It was a little bit anticlimactic, but in a good way – the outcome of the big fight was not in doubt, of course, because the story couldn’t move forward without our heroes winning. UNLIKE Blake & Yang’s fight in Chapter 12, which was in doubt till the very end. I think it was wise to make this last episode less stressful than that one, as there were a bunch of loose ends to wrap up. And they did that very well indeed! Also, the feels were very real – Ruby’s visualizations of all the people she loved were amazing, and of course, it was so good to see Blake and Yang’s relationship blossom. All in all, I think that this has been an absolutely fantastic season and my favorite so far!

Finally, a review I can agree with. This was a good season, I had never been as hyped up for a new episode every week than during Volume 6. Looking forward to what they’ve got in store for us. We’re in the endgame now.

1 Like

Life is beautiful. It is precious. And it MUST BE PROTECTED.
– Maria Calavera

Ruby’s memories of the people she loves …

For anyone interested in a really fun way to view the finale of Volume 6, Arryn Zech (the voice actress for Blake) is planning on watching it live for the first time on Unlocked on Saturday! I’ll post details here when she sets the time for the stream!

EDIT: And here are the details!

https://twitter.com/ArrynZech/status/1091775855204786177

Note time change for Arryn’s stream!

1 Like

All episodes – including the season finale – of Volume 6 (and all previous volumes as well!) are now available for anyone to view: no FIRST membership required!

Arryn had to postpone her Unlocked stream today – it looks like it will take place Monday night (Pacific time in the US). I’ll post an update again here once she confirms the new time :honeybee:

i just finished volume 5 o: it was a pretty good story

1 Like

Awesome!! I’ll be anxious to hear what you think about Vol 6 – as much as I enjoyed Vol 5, I think this season has been the best one yet!

Arryn is finally going to live stream watching the finale of Vol 6 today at 3 pm PST — should be a lot of fun!

I watched Arryn’s stream this afternoon – she seems to be a genuinely lovely person. It was great to see her reactions to the finale: she even cried three times :hushed: One thing that struck me was how many times she said how proud she was of everyone who worked on RWBY and how much she loved being a part of the show.

So neat … I’m looking forward to her next stream!

1 Like

Seeing ruby’s mom in that closeup was me screaming

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also, when adam got stabbed and fell, I was like "Hmm he might come back- " Hits the rock shattering spine ok he shouldn’t be alive anymore.

This also begs the question about how yang’s semblance works. If she gets proportionally stronger based on the damage she takes, but only uses her semblance in one hit, does she detonate all damage taken in one blow instead of spread out?

1 Like

Semblances are a physical manifestation of aura. Aura is depleted by using one’s semblance as well as by absorbing/deflecting damage. Yang’s semblance allows her to absorb and store the energy from the damage she receives; she then is able to activate her semblance and use that stored energy to empower her attacks. Though it’s not specifically explained in the series, my strong suspicion is that she is able to control how much of that stored energy she channels into each of her attacks until she deactivates her semblance or runs out of aura.

So what happened in the fight with Adam? Yang had been absorbing damage from Adam’s flurry of attacks, but she held off activating her semblance until Adam prepared for his final strike – the one where he intended to kill her. When he charged her, yelling “You’re just a coward like HER!” Yang finally activated her semblance:

Because Adam had activated his own semblance and had swung Wilt with the full force of his semblance behind it, Yang was not only able to stop the sword (with an assist from her prosthetic) but also to absorb the energy released by Adam’s semblance. She then channeled ALL of that back at him in a single, devastating punch that completely depleted his aura. (She used up all of hers as well – so at the end of the fight, none of the three of them had any aura remaining to protect themselves or to heal any injuries.) And of course, that’s how Blake and Yang were at last able to defeat him.