Petal and Lorelai need some love

Lorelai needs scaling on her empowered attack. Look at Lyra and you will see why she out scales Lorelai. She also needs a reason to overdrive the pools. I would increase the overdrive slow from 25 to 30 and add 30% scaling to the empowered attack.

Petal just needs a better healing ratio on her Ult. Right now it’s 30%. I would raise it to 50% and see her become a late game AOE healer. She has a base heal of 525 for three munions. Again, Lyra would still out heal her, but it would give her a role late game.

Edit: Petals munions need more survivability. Maybe change their health scaling from 50% to 65%.

4 Likes

Reim is still viable actually. Just as a meele counter. His Ult is still good for the utility.
So is Blackfeather, just better as CP now than WP.
Kestrel? WTF. She is literally one of the best heroes in 5v5 currently. Bot Lane WP still has serious damage in Mid Game with Sorrownblade+BP+WP(I’ve analysed pro play and this build is pretty bae) while CP Kestrel is very very good in the mid lane, likely to be the second best mid laner atm(only if you are good at her and if this is not soloq)

As for scaling in her empowered attack, I agree with Bayou. Even CP Lyra outcales Lorelai as a carry and her infinite slow in her basic attack is always useful. Lorelai DOES need a reason to overdrive her pools.

3 Likes

Patel is fine. Lorelai needs a Buff tho. And so does Varya

Petal is very difficult to pull off in 5v5, she is not fine at all. Lorelai could use a small buff but that’s it.

However, Varya does not need a buff. She is currently one of the best mid laners atm. Her chain lightning damage may be meh, but its main purpose is to get dragon eye stacks to make her first AA and her first ability to hit EXTREMELY hard when DE is stacked.

1 Like

Varya needs a buff ?? I don’t know if you are joking or not.

3 Likes

Same. She is fine as she is, being a fairly mobile mage who can face against certain heroes better than other mages(think of sticky heroes. She can use her double dash to escape them while others only have a stun or a slow or attack while moving backwards etc.)

2 Likes

actually in 5v5 churnwalker and phinn were the lowest and in 3v3 the full 3v3 grump jaw and Lorelai are the lowest. Petal low but she’s almost medium tier in ranked and 5v5. If anything Lorelai needs a little love and maybe phinn too. Churn is fine he is just a team hero and has a huge skill curve compared to heroes like Cath and ardan.

Played Lorelai yesterday.

Scratch anything about buffing her, except no longer consuming her splashdown when using fishfood in a pool. Other than that, she is fine. Just severely underpicked. Maybe her ult could use a constant CC block and a speed boost duration. Petal, on the other hand, needs a rework, completely. Needed one for a while but 5v5 made it more apparent.

Her Munions need tick dmg per second and lowered move speed but slightly further range to compensate. Her B needs to no longer empower but give the move speed boost discussed by @Pigstuffs. Her Ult needs a much larger radius on the blast, as well as a better CP ratio for dmg and healing. You shouldn’t need 2/3 charges to make a difference when you can’t even completely control where your munions are going to heal.

3 Likes

Actually,(I changed my mind) I agree that you shouldn’t buff Lorelai. Once she gets a skin hopefully she’ll be popular. The thing that many people don’t realize is how many heroes that Lorelai is capable of shutting down via her splashdown pool alone. Her playstyle suits the aggresive nature of dive comps of 5v5, and Lorelai is one of the few heroes who can help counter them simply because her pools speed up her allies and slows down the enemies so it helps push them back. Her ult is also very useful against surviving single target burst from dive comps(Fortress, Rona, etc).

The reason why I am mentioning dive comps is because it is so popular in 5v5 that it is important to know how to counter them or which members to add in a dive comps(Lorelai fits BOTH situations. As a captain of the dive comp on the other hand, her pools slow down the enemies AND speed up your diving allies, easy for securing kills. Her Ult helps them survive. On second thought, that is pretty powerful)

I called the heal buff! She is going from 30 to 60%!!!

Healing comps are going to be a thing.

2 Likes

Been practicing my Petal recently so Im excited

4 Likes

I just thought of a comp…

Captain Lyra
WP Grace Top
WP Adagio Bot
Samuel- Mid
Jungle Petal

LMAO the crazy sustain with the buff on her heal! she’ll heal about a thousand after you use all three seeds!

Petal is not quite bad. Right now I mostly instalock Petal because she is a high risk high reward choice.
She can jungler without losing health (pet tanks damage). Easiest hero to stack the Ring and mostly, she has high damage early game for cleaaring jungle and ganking early which leads to quick snowball.
The problem of her is after 13 mins, her damage drops heavily. Most of the time I fix that by building a Shiversteel to act like a Semi Support

Here is my build. Things get a little dire in minute 8 so I have to be always ready to get a Shiversteel in case our Baron cannot match against Celeste