Personal Hero Tier List(Community Hero Tier List) UPDATE!

BM and even Excoundrel hasn’t made a 3.3 tier list yet so I came up with the idea of having the whole community form like a community tier list and debate who should be where and who is meta and who isn’t.

So it would be great if all of you guys drop down and share your thoughts with the whole community and eventually put together a resource here on VG forums which will be updated every new update!

What do you think of this idea?

Moving on, I don’t have the time yet to contribute(Soon I will) but I would love to see what you guys think is ban worthy and who isn’t and stuff like that.

By the thoughts of the community so far…

S-Tier
(Insta-ban pick in higher tiers and considered very strong)
Captain
Lyra
Ardan
Fortress
Grace

Mid
Varya
Samuel
Malene(though to a less extent)

Kensei
Reza
Glaive
Grace
Adagio

Bot
Kestrel
Vox
Kensei
Gwen

Jungle
Kensei
Kestrel
Glaive
Reza(flex)
Fortress

A-Tier
(Very good, but not as good as the S-Tier picks)

Captain
Catherine
Churnwalker(S in coordinated teams)

Mid
Celeste
Skaarf
CP Baron(in coordinated teams)
Lyra(AC-based)
CP Kestrel

Lorelai(she’s popular with the pros)
CP Kestrel
Joule
Blackfeather

Bot
Idris
Ringo
Joule
Baron(WP)

Jungle
Tony
Krul
Baptiste
Alpha

B-Tier
(Very Good in certain matchups but struggle immensely onto some matchups)
Captain
Lorelai
Phinn
Tony
Lance

Mid
Lyra(Burst Build)
Varya(Burst Build)
Idris

Gwen
Skye
Baron(CP)
Taka(He’s not as bad as you people say he is. He can still perform well in the right hands but is C in the hands of a bad player)

Bot
Grace(WP)
Skye
Glaive(Not the best in Bot, better as top or jungle)

Jungle
Petal
Blackfeather
Grumjaw
Reim

C Tier(Better to pick other heroes and are to situational to be considered viable)
The rest…

I’ll add more details later!

Bans are usually the following; in fact it’s very rare that these guys pass the ban hammer at tier 9 S/G.

Reza
Lyra
Malene
Kensei

Personally I play a lot of top lane; my metapicks are:

Adagio - Can hold his ground vs virtually anyone early game building into a utility support late game.
Grace - Can hold her ground and even bully opposition lane, building into a crit monster late game.
Samuel - His heroic perk is great for helping you sustain early game and he stays repeat throughout the match.

Random situational pick is Reim, he doesn’t need much to hold the lane on his own.

I could include Lyra and Reza but since they’re nearly always banned I’ve excluded them from the list.

2 Likes

Top: Grace (best-banned), Reza (banned), Adagio, BF.
Mid: Samuel (best), Malene (banned), Skaarf/Celeste, Varya
Bot: Kestrel (best-banned in high tier), Kensei (banned), Vox/Gwen.
Jungle (bot helper): Tony, Kestrel, Glaive, Baptise
Captain: Lyra (best - banned), Ardan, Fortress

2 Likes

Mid: Samuel, Varya, Malene, Celeste
Bot: Kestrel, Vox, Ringo, Kensei, Gwen
Top: Reza, Grace, Adagio, Malene, Lance
Jungle: Kestrel, Samuel, Glaive, Alpha, Krul, Toni
Support: Lyra, Ardan, Catherine, Lorelai, Churnwalker, Fortress, Toni

2 Likes

How cant you people spell names right.

Lance… mmm can see how that works, might give it some playtime.

He meant the VG hero’s name is spelled “Tony”

1 Like

Perma-ban: Kensei and Fort. If either of these characters makes it into your ranked game, it’s a miracle. I don’t think I have to explain why.
High priority picks/bans:

• Malene. She isn’t an instapick anymore (although soloQ says otherwise). She can be countered by ranged comps but due to the unorganised nature of soloQ ranked, she generally has 1-2 people she can bully with her AS procs and low CD escapes.
  • Grace. People don’t tend to ban her, but jeez is she strong. She can be run in the Top, Bot and Jungle as a disgustingly oppressive WP bruiser/assassin and she can be flexed into Captain if your comps requires it. Hell, you can even go CP on her and do a nasty amount of damage.
  • Reza. The snowball king himself. If he is left up in top lane and isn’t camped, a good Reza will most opposing laners over and over. He is weak to melee laners who can trade with him before he gets his aftershock though. He can jungle as well, and his ganks has are disgusting with his mobility and base damage. Once he gets aftershock, he can 1v1 people he honestly shouldn’t be able to, and he can delete squishies with one combo.
  • Samuel. If I had to say what the most unfun character to play against this patch is, I would say Samuel. Not because he one shots you, and not because he holds you still with stupid amounts of CC and then escapes into another dimension. It’s because they win lane for basically free thanks to that stupid passive, and then go onto buy Spellfire and splash the whole team with mortal wounds. Also his base damage is crazy.
  • Kestrel. SM BP BS/Crit. Bot lane. Congratulations, I just gave you the secret to a free win. Kestrel pumps out illegal levels of damage no matter what you build, and she works incredibly well against the mostly melee laners she’s going to go up against. She shreds turrets and armouries with two items and can clear the jungle (specifically enemy treants) in an instant. This one should be a perma-ban IMO but people find Kestrel a little weird to play, so she isn’t chosen too often until high tiers.
  • Lyra. What more can I say. Lyra + Samuel/Skaarf should be considered a war crime. Just camp the mid lane, pump healing into them, and then watch as the enemy laner loses trades by default. Then you take their turret at 4 minutes in, and move over to the next lane and do it all again. If you’re in a team and your captain can’t play her, BAN HER.

Honourable mentions: Skaarf (That ult can solo an entire team), Ardan (SC MJ AS is literally unkillable) and Glaive (PS BP Crit, shred through an entire team and harvest BP stacks with your AOE cleave)

4 Likes

i know (30 characters)…

Tony for a boy Toni for a girl, no way it’s a unisex spelling.

1 Like

Why did you post that then lol? He didn’t say (or at least didn’t mean) Toni isn’t a correct spelling of a name. It’s incorrect spelling of the VG hero’s name though.

Don’t really see a lot of fortress play in EU, which server you playing in and what tier? Personally I’d ban reza because he can and does become a serious problem mid game with his massive burst DMG and high mobility.

For 5v5

S Tier
Lyra Kensei Malene Reza Kestrel.

A Tier
Samuel Grace Glaive Idris Celeste Ardan Cath

B Tier
Krul Koshka Gwen Skaarf Churnwalker Joule

C Tier Ringo Phinn Fortress Flicker Tony Lorelai

F Tier Saw

What do you build on him after the stormcrown nerf?

Stormcrown is still good on him, enables you to farm your lane easily using his superior range.

My builds vary, usually WT,Crucible,SS,MJ then two from SG/AC/DE/SC

I turn him into a late game utility hero, pumping out some big heals, whilst untitling that ULT and his slow to help my team.

1 Like

SEA
POA Silver rn, but this is after two seasons of decay so I would estimate POA a gold based on how much elo I gain vs losing.

Interesting, not many are playing fortress in EU, assume your applying him jungle and not roam?

…so, am I the only one that’s just waiting till next season to see how things will turn out…?

He works as both, but Jungle is a soloQ murder machine.