People And Their Rank Expectations

Ok. I’d like to confirm for myself but just saying it doesn’t seem so in game. Not 2 seconds. That’s a long time and it really doesn’t seem that way any time I have ever faced a celeste as saw. It is a small difference though so you may well be right.

Saw has higher burst potential, but with his cooldowns, Celeste (and most carries) will be dealing more damage overall. Both the A and B are unreliable in a teamfight (more the A than the B, the A is usually used as a disengage tool rather than as an offensive ability) leaving him with only the ult as a truly damaging ability, and it has very long cooldown compared to how much he needs it.

If you are looking to quickly delete the enemy, saw may work, but if the teamfight doesn’t end very fast you will be subpar on damage and in an inferior position as saw is normally more vulnerable than other carries.

I think guest said it the best.

No no, there’s no cooldown outside the mad cannon animation, .they deleted it without saying anything nor changing the ingame stats. You were right , in the first 2 seconds you can throw as much shots as the animation allows you.

Well I think we know another thing Rogue needs to check and fix: all the stat numbers for heroes, lol. I think they forget to eventually change the text when they hotfix stuff like that. That said, I mostly agree with you where his A and B are concerned, and I largely agree with what @Guest_78 said; if saw doesn’t get kills and close that fight out fast, every other carry pretty much mops the floor with him.

1 Like

I’ll admit that I’m one of those who automatically hates on SAW, though I don’t get toxic and I try to play my best regardless.

It’s not his effectiveness that bugs me, but he’s the sort of hero people play without looking at team comps, or even what roles are filled. SAWs are almost never team players.

I have the same bias against Idris, Fortress, and Krul too.

2 Likes

Saw is a hero that is not expected to be the team player, he is a type who needs his entire team to play around him and even pick in draft around him.

As for the “pick without looking the other heroes” this is valid for the game currently in general. I remember when in 3vs3 counterpick was a must. Now you can’t switch lanes with someone for 5 minutes pinging even if you will counter your new enemy laner hard by doing so…

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.