PC fixes discussion

Hi, I don’t know if these are the official VG forums, but I believe they are, and with that in mind, I’d like to discuss some of the fixes I believe are being needed on PC, and some bugs I’ve noticed regularly occur.

1. You can’t hover certain items. – When there are active items available on screen, or consumables active, on the left side of your screen you’re not able to click on them or hover them on the left side of your screen to see the duration, or the effects.

2. There’s no way to view player HP, ultimate cooldowns, monster HP, or enemy HP. – Very crucial to PC play IMO is being able to view the HP of a monster (such as being able to see how low Blackclaw is as a Jungler if contesting to be able to nab a better steal on it), and viewing player HP (being able to do self calculations on if you’ll be able to finish them off without risking it) – all very important things as I see it.

I could have sworn there was a point we could view ultimate cooldowns for allies, but I can’t anymore.

1. Masteries aren’t displayed. – I thought the point of a mastery was to be able to show it off. Sometimes when I’m in game I see 4 of us all with mastery 4, and others with no mastery, when I know I’m mastery 5 and my friend is mastery 5 on our respective characters, it doesn’t always show as such.

2. Audio cuts out after about 2 1/2 - 3 hours of gameplay, but music stays. Sounds occasionally come back in momentarily but it screws the gameplay up immensely.

3. Revision 90816, exception code c0000005, address 0x00000000. I have several friends who haven’t been able to open the game because of this. Still waiting for a fix so I can finally play with them.

4. Ping system change. Currently, even on PC we have to double click something to ping it, and even then pings are limited. I want to be able to ping all of my items, and abilities, to indicate cooldown timers, using something like Ctrl+click or something of sorts. Additionally, I want to be able to ping proper assistance pings, and warnings pings. If I click on someone to warn them, it should ping them to back off, whilst pinging near them should ping typical warning as it does now.

5. Ward timers/skins. – I want to be able to click on wards and see the remaining time of them, additionally would love to be able to change the design of them. Would add more depth and fun.

6. Add character passives near the abilities! I hate having to click the “?” to be able to view my passive, and to check more in-depth on my abilities (should also be able to hover abilities to see everything they do) . If I’m playing someone new I don’t want to have to hit the “?” to see the entirety of what something does, I enjoy the “?” for the aspect of viewing scaling and what-not.

7. Let me hover flask. I want to be able to view how much I’m healed for to help me in more clutch situations.

Appreciate the read. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

ill be honest with you and say that I played vainglory and was dealing with Xp to lvl up as something hidden you calculate with experience , then I figured out that there is actually xp bar and didn’t notice it , so for the flask it was an item and had a description but then they made it an extra slot.

I think learning when to flask is important because it is used as a bait .

Activate: Block 115-500 (level 1-12) damage and recover 200 (+25 per hero level) health and energy over the next 5s (120 cooldown).

Super helpful to have a post like this! While I myself do not play the PC, this is the most comprehensive post I’ve seen on these forums regarding issues PC users are facing. Certainly an unfortunately long list. Have you sent this exact message to the SEMC support?

Click HERE and then click submit request.

Hello and welcome! No, we’re absolutely NOT the official forums – in fact, there ARE no official forums for Vainglory any more: SEMC shut them down about a year ago. A few veteran players got together after SEMC made the announcement and opened these forums soon afterwards. We’re completely community-supported and community-run.

Re: the rest of your post …

It’s excellent. As @Lebatron suggested, you ought to send it exactly as is to SEMC’s support folks. @HipsterSkaarf, one of our mods, is in the ambassador program and can possibly relay it to SEMC as well.

2 Likes

You can see the health bars, that’s all you need. I don’t think many people are really gonna calculate their survival chances and act accordingly in the middle of a fight, and if they did, it would give PC players an advantage over mobile players which is not great if you want a balanced cross-platform game.

As for ultimate cooldowns, allies cooldowns are (or should be) visible next to them in the Scoreboard, and otherwise a little dot next to their level by their healthbar indicates the ult is available.

First part would again give PC an advantage over mobile, and as for the second part, it’s a nice idea, but really not what SEMC need to be focusing on with the current state of the game.

On mobile, long pressing the ability icon tells you what it does. Not sure how that works on PC. Again tho, whilst a nice idea probably not the most important thing atm.

Sorry if this all sounds negative, I just pulled out all the bits I have a different opinion on. So basically anything I didn’t bring up I agree with.

Yeah, on the score tab, next to the items of each hero :slight_smile:

You can see the health bars, that’s all you need. I don’t think many people are really gonna calculate their survival chances and act accordingly in the middle of a fight, and if they did, it would give PC players an advantage over mobile players which is not great if you want a balanced cross-platform game.

Then give mobile players the same option. The vast majority of PC MOBA players can tell you the importance and the game changing effects of being able to click on an enemies HP bar and seeing what their mana(energy) and HP is. Being able to see that an enemy is at 600 health and knowing they have no flask could let you know you can jump in to burst them down vs if they’re at 700 knowing you can’t. You don’t even require calculations, it’s just knowing your characters capabilities. It’s very crucial to PC play.

Additionally, there’s no balanced cross-platform play no matter what. Mobile players are hindered by lack of FoV, while PC players have a higher chance of screwing up clicking and aren’t able to stutter step as easily.

As for ultimate cooldowns, allies cooldowns are (or should be) visible next to them in the Scoreboard, and otherwise a little dot next to their level by their healthbar indicates the ult is available.

On PC for a short while there was a square on the scoreboard with the icon of the ultimate and if on cooldown had numbers in it. No longer there as of 4.1

First part would again give PC an advantage over mobile, and as for the second part, it’s a nice idea, but really not what SEMC need to be focusing on with the current state of the game.

It wouldn’t though. If you genuinely believe that, you have no idea the definition of ‘advantage’. lol. Also, they pour a lot of resources into skins as is. Wouldn’t change a thing.

On mobile, long pressing the ability icon tells you what it does. Not sure how that works on PC. Again tho, whilst a nice idea probably not the most important thing atm.

On PC you can hover the abilities to see what they do, but it doesn’t tell you everything it properly should. Many things are left out that you have to hit that “?” to see. They are pretty important things, but as a mobile player, it may not be. PC players are completely different in terms of playstyle and mentality, especially if you come from League, DOTA, etc.

The list of their priorities is currently sitting with PC and getting that properly build. The client isn’t stable, it’s still a mobile client, and there’s a ridiculous amount needing to be changed that would differ it from the Mobile client.

I feel your opinions are primarily from someone who isn’t much of a PC MOBA player, but primarily mobile, so a lot of these factors wouldn’t be things important to you guys, but my friends and many others find these are pretty important things to be addressed (minus the skins…)

1 Like