Paper Mario: Origami Kindom

After the whole Sticker Star fiasco, Im glad they dropped that gimmicky battle feel (assuming ofc).

1 Like

Oh I can try a paper Mario game now, some of the origami characters look cute too

1 Like

If you can, I had a ABSOLUTE blast with Super Paper Mario and its still my number 1 for the series!

If you have a wii, and a gamestop near you, I would recommend it to you.

Back to the topic though, Im glad they got rid of the sticker mechanic since it really did limit on how you play. It seems the trailer showed a new battle mechanic and hopefully its more friendly than the last :sunny_happy_1:

1 Like

Um about that… the JP Nintendo YouTube account uploaded a short clip of the battle system, and it seems to be at least a smol bit gimmicky, tho by the looks of it, not to the extent of the last two games.

I miss the standard RPG gameplay the first two had ;-;. Super was certainly good and the last two were okay, but the first Paper Mario was great and Thousand Year Door is by far the best one imo.

1 Like

Ehh you had me a little scared :flicker:

You certainly aren’t alone. The gimmicks in general feel childish, and I understand its somewhat a child’s game but the og ones felt like anyone could play it and get that rpg feel with the Mario logo slapped onto it.

They did that perfectly with the Mario and Luigi series (inside bowser, dream team, etc) and how they made the gimmicks feel like they weren’t gimmicks. Too bad that couldn’t be done with the recent PM games though.

Anywho Im probably repeating and ranting but Im done now.

1 Like

Oh no you triggered some sadness over the devs for the M&L games going under. I have some pretty fond memories of playing Superstar Saga as a kid and I always meant to buy the Bowsers Inside Story remake, but that never happened.

1 Like

I honestly didn’t know about that game, I just knew of 3 paper Mario games: the n64, GameCube and 3Ds

I will have to look into the paper Mario series more since I clearly did not know how many games there were of it

1 Like

And now Im sad since I didnt know that :potoo: