OMW - "on my way" or "retreat"?

That’s the same thing as with your map awareness. Not everyone will have good map awareness. Not everybody will react to pings and that’s their fault. It’s not being used “too much” as it is used correctly. Only when you need it.

1 Like

Retreat is a very bad use of :vg_omw: think of it this way no one can be 100% map aware they can be pretty dam good but everyone has small laspes when they don’t pay attention or the enemies are completly missing (flickr) having an omw lets your teamate know help is coming and by who with that info you can determine how you are going to fight or run during. It also communicates lane rotations

I’m wondering how you would use it as “omw” ? i mean, if you know they need help, wouldn’t that mean you have good map awareness?

paint a senario:
player needs help. you’re watching them via the map pan feature, so you ping “omw”. player retreats to safety. You arrive to help. I’m abit clueless about how the “omw” feature has changed their decision on whether to stay or port back or retreat.

I don’t see the “impact” of the ping when used as a “omw”… that’s all. It feels like a wasted use of a ping, when there’s no clear way to communicate “retreat”… so why not use it as that?

I’m saying “retreat” is a far more important need and critical part of the game, that will actually have an impact on the outcome.

No clear way to communicate retreat what happened to the be careful? Maybe the retreat was needed to prevent a death yeah it feels like a wasted time on your part but would you rather them die before you got there. Most times when needing help i am looking for my roam to come before any laner