New UI teaser

this UI looks so much better than the ones being currently used, hopefully they get implemented soon.

The UI in hero loading screen after selecting heroes for a game looks really cheap atm & hopefully SEMC would notice that & improve it

1 Like

Omg, this is just so pleasing to the eye and is so clean. Beautiful.

1 Like

Amazing…
Current vg ui needs some serious reworking I basically never do my quests anymore there hidden so well in the ui.
I hope any ui like this may replace the current one

1 Like

An update that includes preliminary Daily wins and Sinister Seven. I’ve restructured the modes a little, relegating 3v3 to a new mode (Trinity). I was on Toph’s stream last night and we were all talking about 5v5 and what 3v3 will be once ranked mode comes out.

First off, it doesn’t make sense to carry 3v3, especially with regards to elo. Your rank will be that of 5v5 only. Other modes will have trophies, but it will be based on a ladder in your region. So rather than seeing an Elo score of 2435 in 3v3 (or Blitz), you’ll see your placement in your region. 2435 will become #756, for example. I’ll create an interface to handle the new ladder system. BR (which has been renamed to Assault) will also get a leaderboard. No one is going to flex their Blitz Elo but this new system will carry over the incentive that is found in ranked play. And will also align BR to this new system, which currently has no kind of visible elo.

The new main screen will be much cleaner (again a common criticism of the new design).

The modes will be somewhat simplified as a result. We can drop ranked play from Trinity and there will be no need to draft. 5v5 takes over all manner of competitive play. This may not be realized from the start of 3.0, but is realistically the end-game. Practice too can go.

The new modes will be as follows:

5v5 > Ranked | Casual | Team vs Bots | Solo vs Bots | Practice
Trinity > Play | Team vs Bots | Solo vs Bots
Assault > Play | Team vs Bots | Solo vs Bots
Blitz > Play | Team vs Bots | Solo vs Bots

Bot modes will be tuned to hard or a rough estimation of that mode. There will also no longer be a way to set difficulty. Let’s be real, bots are bots. Hard or easy they are bots. They aren’t meant to have any kind of meaningful experience but train new players to play a bit better. No one is playing bot matches having a blast. There is no reason to devote resources (both in game development and UI space) to allow for a difficulty setting. Bots will just be bots.

This will simplify the entire experience of VG across the board.

Talents. What to do with talents when it comes to Trinity? This is up for debate. Down the line maybe, but for now, I’d say keep Trinity pure. What about draft? This is an interesting discussion but I say leave it in and enable it for all. It will help most players get accustomed to it for 5v5 and since there are a large number of heroes, and counters, providing a ban actually provides some nice QOL.

More to come.

3 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Dang, I like this so much better than the actual in-game UI …

1 Like

Loving it, so far. Suggestion, although it’s just personal to me - the diamonds were better than the bar for sinister seven and the three, drop the battery percent entirely, move the gear icon to the bottom right on the furthermost right, and replace the helmet with our beautiful skaarfu. Even without those, this is the best UI I’ve seen so far anywhere. Great job!

Nuuuuuuu! This is one of the things that always frustrates me about VG – I love being able to see my battery status at a glance, same as with my ping! (Do I need to go find my charger? Or do I have enough juice left for one more BR? Lol)

i like the ping, i just think the bright green strip is out of place with the theme

Just had a brainwave … what if SEMC made the UI skinnable??? That would be epic! I’d install @Tiem’s immediately…

2 Likes

I’m drooling over this UI, haha, it’s like a dream.

Stop, I can only hope for so much. :weary:

2 Likes