Need Help With Group Forum Title

I followed the steps on the Group Title post, but when I checked, there’s no title next to my name.

Same, I’m in the Gythia group but I can’t choose it as a title.

Thats very odd - seems to be working for others.

which title were you both after?

I can manually edit it - though this may cause issues down the track when/if you want to change it.

I was trying to change it to Gythian but this is what I see in my settings :

Which should work - odd.
Do you want me to do it manually?

Yah, you won’t be able to select a group title in that dropdown – it’s only for badges. The group title will show up if “Gythian” is your primary group. I suspect that means that if you’ve joined others, you may have accidentally replaced your title with a blank one from another group.

I will investigate further.

EDIT: Yep, that looks like the explanation. “Gythian” is the last group in the list, so I think it’s not available as a title because it’s not your “primary group.”

Just a thought - did you join the Gythian group when I had just set it up? Try leaving the group then rejoining then repeat the instructions and see if that helps.

1 Like

The other groups aren’t set to take focus as primary though - only the title ones I had set up so the other groups shouldn’t steal focus like that.

Interesting. Let’s see if it works when they leave/rejoin …

I just did that using the admin function to remove them from the group and then add them. And it worked.

I suspect it was because I had initially had set up Gythian wrong - it wasn’t set to default to primary if Ghav joined during that period before I altered that then me switching it afterwards might not have affected the already existing members.

1 Like

That worked! Thanks :vgcheersx2:

I can’t get mine to work and I tried leaving and rejoining already, I don’t get why

Fixed - another set up error by me - it turns out creating 10+ new groups at 2 am is a bad idea because its very easy for me to miss a step - in this case you got no title because… I hadn’t put in a title…

1 Like

Oh lol late night work never a good idea, anyway thank you!

1 Like

Yeah so I keep messaging @Adagio but he won’t let me in the group. What’s his deal, huh?

You are apparently not worthy, in his opinion.

1 Like

Tell him I want that title and tell him he needs to stop being a jerk.

Edit: he doesn’t even use his own title!

Captain of our fairy band,
Helena is here at hand;
And the youth, mistook by me,
Pleading for a lover’s fee.
Shall we their fond pageant see?
Lord, what fools these mortals be!
– Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night’s Dream

4 Likes

eh, cant even make sth of his own. :3rd_place_medal:
bad hero. needs a creativity buff.
@dream, you need your own group. with blackjack and gwen.:grinning::gun:

Haha ah man. Maybe one day. Maybe.