My 5v5 - 4.5 Tier List

The sheer lack of popularity of these heroes being picked would state otherwise. SN is pretty weak right now, there’s no doubt about it, and his CP path is very situational. Tony is pretty easily countered by the overwhelmingly cc meta - and if you’re arguing for his viability as a utility jg, well, there are many better choices for that role (Inara, Lance, Cath, Churn, …).

He’s the 2nd best captain, some would argue the best, in the game. How is he not A tier? His kit remains busted.

Because Reim is terrible, and they’re not. Reim is just mediocre throughout the game with no moment of a power spike at any time. Alpha is a bully early and can win several exchanges against her laner early and can still be serviceable in team fights mid to late game. Krul is an excellent objective securer and can solo them, a decent split pusher, and is proving to be strong this patch. Good early-mid game gangk potential as well. Reim has none of these capabilities. I like the old man, but he’s in a bad place rn and needs some TLC.

You’re taking about Petal here. Can you elaborate as to who? Also, I’m guessing just in 1v1 situations (i.e, Krul)? She’s just not very useful in team fights. She has a little more of a home in 3v3.

3 Likes

No joke, the amount of damage churn can deal with no damage items, just with his passive, its obscene.

Yates’ kit is op by designed, thats his problem, he will never be balanced.

A two-second barrier is practically nothing compared to Adagio’s fairly strong single-target heal. The attack damage boost is not the greatest ability in the world, but it’s infinitely better than Ardan’s useles punch.

That barrier is better than Adagio’s healing. Ardan is a tank with good damage that allows him to be very aggressive early game. His vanguard also gives a speed boost and slow enemies around it. His punch is really useful as a gap close to use the :vgitem_atlaspauldron: whereas Adagio is too vulnerable to poke and not as tanky as Ardan. Those two abilities gives Ardan great mobility and synergy with many captain items.

Ardan is not great, but definitely better than Adagio.

1 Like

Can someone link the website used to make those tier lists i would like to make my own

There you have it

I agree with everything besides Rona and Anka. Rona is not the absolute best jungler but her tank/cp path is playable and also should be B tier.

And Anka is atmost B tier. Her overall damage output has decreased and shes not even viable in lane anymore.

Anka is definitely debatable, i haven’t seen her be played enough to estimate properly how strong she i am just going on pure feeling based on the nerfs she received. I would have created an E tier for Rona but i thought it would have been nit picking, i can’t find anything that is remotely decent in her.

I mostly agree except 3 things: Ardan shouldn’t be that high, he isn’t that strong at all, the “only” thing he offers is versatility, and doesn’t excel in any situation.
Lyra should be higher, she is the best roam.
Idris should be F tier, next to the minions.
Btw, look at reza, the hero you’ve been complaining about being op. Look how he is now with no changes to him! It seems he wasn’t that op after all.

People who underestimate Ardan sigh, I wish the api was still a thing Ardan would probably have 5th or 6th highest win rate. Reza did receive some changes regarding energy consumption which are actually quite significant, if the energy changes were to be reverted he would jump to A+.

1 Like

I find him mediocre as roam, decent at best as top laner (utility), worthless as everything else. And so far it seems I’m not the only one here thinking that, maybe you are the one overestimating him.

There isn’t anything “mediocre” about Ardan tho besides wave clear, he’s the support that deals the most damage, he’s also of one the tankiest heroes in the game, in terms of sustain only Adagio and Lyra have him beat, there isn’t a support that gives more engage and disengage at the same time other than Lyra, Gauntlet is one the strongest team fighting abilities in the game. Ardan posses all these attributes and ranks among the best in each one of them, most supports only have 2 or 3 of those attributes, really the only area where Ardan is lacking is wave clear compared to a Lorelai who can clear a wave with 1 A. And no the amount of people who got on the leaderboard by spamming Ardan is absurd, people see overpowered and easy to play hero and hope on the bandwagon.

1 Like

He does all that, but decently at best, as I said he offers versatility, but he doesn’t actually excel at anything compared to other roams. In both my own matches and the high elo streams I’ve watched (EU, NA, SEA) in none he seems to be a priority pick, in fact most of the matches don’t even have Ardan in it. So no, I don’t think he is any strong right now, decent as I said.

What do other suppports offer that Ardan doesnt have ?
Lorelai is definitely weaker, grace is slightly weaker, phinn is definitely weaker, lance is way weaker, adagio is definetly weaker. Yates is a nuissance in the laning phase but is outscaled in a scaling meta. All your left with is Lyra and Cath which are stronger no doubt but for instance Lyra cant frontline like Ardan does and Cath doesnt provide any sustain.

I don’t agree lorelai is weaker, nor phin, Yates, or grace (as top laner though). Lyra is the best one, so that also puts her above Ardan, same for Catherine. Your reasoning to put him so high is the amount of things he offers, not how strong is what he offers. He is versatile, but isn’t the best at anything, he is far from, and for that he shouldn’t be above all of them.

He gives more protection, more sustain, more engage, more damage, more control and more tankiness than lorelai yates phinn and grace how does that not make him better ?

You don’t pick lorelai to tank, you don’t pick phin for damage, you don’t pick yates to protect. Ardan doesn’t protect more than lorelai or phin, doesn’t tank as much as phin, doesn’t engage like yates, doesn’t control like yates or lorelai. In every situation there is always other roam better than him.

Ardan does protect more than lore and phinn, the barrier on lore ult is stronger but vanguard is on a 10 seconds cooldown not 50, and a barrier is way stronger than fortified health and vanguard gives a speedbost so he definitely protects better than phinn. Also phinn has more hp but ardan perc can make him tank longer than he does. Also no ability can control a teamfight better than gauntlet, what you should have said is in every situatiom there isnt a suppport better than ardan besides lyra and cath.

1 Like

Lorelai has more things than just the ult to protect, same for phin with his B. Ardan can only protect one for… 1s? Phin and lorelai can protect/kite for all their team during a lot more time. Disagree with both the tankiness and the gauntlet argument.
I stand what I said, I don’t have to change anything. He isn’t the best at anything.
I suggest to agree to disagree, this goes nowhere.