Matchmaking in 5v5

I honestly don’t know who I’m being matched with. all i can say is THANK GOD it’s only casual.
Just so many afk.
Unskilled play.
Zero map awareness. Camping at base. Zero camera’s placed down.
Seriously who does that? run around in the base just waiting for the enemy to come to you.
But still somehow getting more wins than losses.
Just goes to prove that all is not lost when things don’t go your way.
all it takes is one good team fight, push and win.:sunglasses:

Alot of the afks are from people whose devices would crash in the start of 5v5… I believe it was mostly Samsung devices.

Imagine if you were in the other team… rip.
Matchmaking is broken.

So there is matchmaking - it draws on your ranked 3v3 mmr and your casual 3v3 math maker rating initially (I suspect whichever is higher but I don’t know for sure). Then however it smooths out the mmr differences a bit - because player is good at 3v3 doesn’t necessarily mean a player is as good at 5v5 or vice versa.

I suspect a lot of the poor match making going on is an artifact of two things.

1. Limited player pool.
  2. Limited knowledge of those players.

the second issue is understanable and not a Problem. thats just how a new game mode will start.
the first one is sth they could slowly start to fix by gradually handing out more golden tickets. that would also help to slowly get the Servers to a full load and stress test them.

Samsung here, was 5/0/5 with Samuel 3min in, my phone froze, VG crashed, would not open for an hour afterward

Have you updated to 2.12.2?

Alot of fixes were issued in that release.

I saw the first update but not the second, thanks!

At 9:30 pm on Saturday. :smiley:

Such a good match. I got arguably my favorite hero. I think some of our builds were interesting. We just lost the last 2-3 team fights. I consistently gave up jungle buffs and camps to the laners which is why CS so low. I even held waves when possible.

Any thoughts? Should I have gone DE over EoH as a last item.

yeah the matchmaking in 5v5 is pretty terrible but remember 2.12 is all about making sure 5v5 works, not perfect mmr

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.