Malene should be hotfixed

I have already stated that I find her op but not broken, I was just questioning why he thinks that malene is the only hero capable of 1v1 with krul when anyone with decent kiting capabilities could do it. She is not outright broken if you think about it, she has her weakness which can be exploited once people learn more about her. Right now nobody has consistently faced malene and hence don’t understand how to play against her.

3 Likes

From my experience, which isn’t much as I mainly play her myself, you need to outrange her. Reza also worked for me but it was a single game so can not judge really. And no Krul shouldn’t be losing to kiting heroes 1v1.

1 Like

Seems like a good cp saw can take her

1 Like

This text will be blurredDark B will dodge his shanks

1 Like

When comparing Reza and Idris Ult vs Malene dark B which one of the three do you think is strongest?

1 Like

Reza>malene>Idris. Rezas ult is on a medium CD and can help him jump walls too, malene is a next because she had the lowest CD. Idris ult serves a different purpose compared to both of these, it is for combos and sticking to escaping enemies

Definitely Reza. It has pretty short CD, it can jump walls, it does decent damage, it gives him fortified HP and also his every second AA applies firestarter, it is much faster than Malene’s B as she doesn’t gain movement speed. And also very importantly it cleanses. He can use it even when stunned unlike Malene (unless she can as well but it’s not mentioned).
Besides that is completely unrelated to what I said. A hero can have a stronger ability than another and still be countered by them. And here it’s not even the case as Reza’s ult is stronger. Also as I said I can not tell if he actually counters her, that’s just me guessing from a single game.

1 Like

B will dodge shanks but bait her in using b with shank than ult when she comes out

You can’t use Reza’s ult while stunned, and it doesn’t cleanse everything; only movement impairing effects.

Oh, Reza spanks Malene btw. Having 2 dashes, he’s one of the few that can keep up with her.

1 Like

My bad. I thought you can use it while rooted or stunned. But you actually can even though it isn’t supposed to be like it. If you get rooted or stunned and use it in the same second you do get hit and still cleanse the effect. Unlike Idris’ ult who can get his CC dodge ability cancelled by CC somehow…

1 Like

But for Reza it is a larger part of his kit while for Malene it is 1/5 skills…

Yes she has lower CD so what? Not all heroes work the same way. Reza on the other hand is much more tanky than her and can kill her pretty fast. His ult is still the better ability. I’m not saying Malene is bad btw lol she is very strong/op. That doesn’t mean she’s invincible though.

2 Likes

Yeah after some testing I am pretty sure Reza counters her hard. It is very very hard for malene to land her As on Reza and he can burst her down very quickly. I don’t know if there’s any better counters but if someone needs a pick against her you could do that.

1 Like

I think Gwen might be a good counter too between her burst plus escape all b

You know what people?

I have a solution.

One of the main reason’s why Malene is pretty good is because of Aftershock, as she has pretty low cooldowns for a form switching mage.

So if you nerf Aftershock, Malene will be forced to go on a more CP Heavy Build Path, in which she will do somewhat worse as as her CP Ratio’s don’t do her any favours in terms of damage.

Her damage only becomes insane because Aftershock exists. Because of aftershock, she can just not really worry about having low crystal ratios as her basic attacks already melt the enemy/ies with the aftershock proc.

Being able to proc is passive for like 5 times in a row is something no other hero can do in VG. which means just switching abilities already whittle an enemies health down to a minimum.

Let’s say she procs afterschock 3 times, and 39% of the enemies health disappears, which is not counting all her slows, roots, ability damage AND basic attacks that she will do to an enemy which makes her damage OP.

If aftershock was nerfed very badly or didn’t exist at all let’s say, then her damage would actually be lower over all. Her lightform A can be body blocked, her shadow for A isn’t exactly spammable, her CP ratio on her AA is nothing much, her CP ratio in her dark form B isn’t much at all too.

This would bring her on the line with other mages in the meta atm, like Celeste and Skaarf, while still having the ability to1v1 any hero because of her kit AND her empowered basic attacks after switching forms.

She will still be impossible to gank, but she will be much more in the line of other mages.

Yes nerf Aftershock to nerf 1 hero while those that need it all super nerfed

The thing is Aftershock should have never existed. Aftershock has ALWAYS been in the line of controversy since the very beginning of VG.

The funny thing about aftershock junglers is that they have always been meta in one way or another, and that is because of aftershock.

And look. Reza already has his firestarter and his B to do insane burst damage with a monstrous 115% CP ratio on his Firestarter and having Aftershock makes it even more crazy.

Koshka has been meta because of aftershock. If aftershock was removed from the game, then upping her Crystal Ratios would be a great way to bring her back in line as she was before. She just becomes too aftershock reliant and it is part of her core kit/items. This is also the reason why they made it so that she would fall off in the late game because she still has AS to do damage.

Aftershock is also the reason why things like Carry Ardan exist and heroes who are not meant to be in their respective roles can still be effective because of aftershock(Catherine as a carry has been used in VGL for proof)

Alpha is meta because of AS. This is also the reason why they didn’t give her a high CP ratio on her B or else she will be too OP.

1 Like

That there proves the need for it and a need for items like it. Heroes that can be viable in multiple roles is the key to a diverse game

3 Likes

Gotta agree with @Satanicsoldier on this one. Aftershock needs to exist because it addresses the sustain dynamic between battle mage vs. standard mage.

Aftershock isn’t that crazy on squishy battle mages. The problem comes in when you make that mage tanky. Almost every ‘OP’ aftershock build has defense items, health, or some kinda built in hero sustain. I don’t see a lot of people discussing that aspect but that’s one of the main reasons any aftershock proc’ing hero is effective: they can chew your health down and tank or regen faster than you can chew theirs down. I really don’t see it as an aftershock problem, but a defense problem.

I honestly think the health buff and defense nerf concept was a mistake, made in good effort to actually address imbalances, but the global health buff inherently made aftershock more monstrous, but mor3nperceptively than literally.

4 Likes

Imo they should Nerf her basic attack ratios, maybe buff her skill ratios more so she focuses more on dishing out damage via her abilities than her empowered basics. Seriously, it seems like every new mage is basic attack focused.

1 Like