Malene abilities discussion

Not really his ba combo is pretty useless without wp perk and his melee damage is greater than cp perk. The co route is cheaper and makes abilities easier to spam. A cp idris is studio without at least one weapon is a waste

Is SEMC even trying to release properly balanced heroes at this point? I mean, what the actual heck is this?

This is the most interesting and eagerly awaited character in Vainglory history. Don’t ruin our fun. She’ll be perma banned in rank anyway so it doesn’t matter

1 Like

She’s squishy. Her B is a slow and escape move. Her A is the main damage dealer and CC. With the ULT essentially, she has 4 different moves, light A, Dark A, light B and Dark B.

She’s a new era in Heroes, stop sayin she’s OP, don’t give SEMC an excuse to nerf. It’s about time all heroes stepped up.

The ULT is just a change from Light to Dark mode… with a very short cooldown
. She has 1 extra lvl above other heroes because the ult is available from the start.

Well, it seemed very short on the stream, because he built CW CW CW CW to show off abilities.

3 Likes

Im going to roam her the first game i get to play her

You know a hero is a solid hero if you can successfully roam as them first game
You know a hero is OP if you can roam as them first game and get more than 3 kills that arent just lucky last hits

And im not just saying this because roam is love roam is life

i think her wp is viable…

barrier, speed boost, roots…

1 Like

i think it is as well, especially after lvl 5 zero energy A

1 Like

10,000 blitz rank here I come

1 Like

Why is everyone thinking that she is op? Her kit resembles varyas in a way, really versatile but not op. Varya on release wasn’t op if not for that weapon varya crap. Her A is going to her major source of damage, B might be for escapes as it gives invulnerablity/barrier and mobility. Her ult gives her changed states and empowered attacks for a few seconds, it’s not like we haven’t seen slows and empowered basic attacks(Lyra). The main reason to ban her in the first few weeks would be because of stupids who try her in ranked directly not because she ‘might’ be op. She might be op in the right hands as she looks like high skill cap, varya is the same and her kit without all the transformation gimmicks looks like a typical mage kit

2 Likes

actually, i would compare her to Reza, with A poke ability and B evade and has a similar range .

I think people saying she’s OP is only going off SEMC’s history of always making hero’s OP on release, then nerfing later. It’s a valid reason. Past history usually predicts future history.

I’m really excited to use her, more so than Tony, which i bought but never use.

1 Like

She probably will be slightly op not too much but enough to generate want for the time you can only buy her with glory

Probably her only weakness is that her damage isn’t huge to be fair, like her crystal ratios are below average. But she will be a very good mid laner though…

To demonstrate this:
Basic Attack CP ratio: 60%
While Lorelai’s and Lyra’s are 70%. Idris is 75%

A= 120% and 55% respectively for Liaght and Shadow Form
B= Barrier CP ratio:60%
Wicked Escapade(Shadow Form) CP ratio:70%

This will make her Potential DPS lower than Other Mages with the advantage of Higher Team Utility than most mages and survivabilility with her movement speed boosts, invulnerability and Barrier.

In that way she is balanced.

But they’d better adjust her energy cost because 0 for BOTH A and B at over drive is a little too much.

2 Likes

If we’re also talking about her Talents here, @Xaldarian will be excited.

https://www.vainglorygame.com/news/update-3-2-notes-dominate-enemies-light-shadow-forms-malene/

(agreed, by the way. It’s an excellent mechanic, and I’m glad to see more of it. Even if it is tiny.)

1 Like

She will be op in skilled hands. Her kit has bit of everything but needs to be timed and played right. Her B in shadow mode is a RB but needs to be timed properly unlike Gwens B which is more forgiving. All theory crafting aside we need in game performance to see how she is, varya got mixed response when her patch notes were up but no one expected her wp path to be broken, Tony seemed op but he was balanced last patch

2 Likes

I kinda like this hero, seems a little too good. Her dark B: Go (Yes I mean invulnerable), for 1.5 seconds - Can you attack during thing time? (Would wp malene be viable? lol)
Ult gives swap buff, and 4 other abilities. Do each type of her abilities have seperate cooldowns? (Ie, use A, swap, use dark A)

i think you mean invulnerable, which means no, you can’t hurt her.
The animation is badass, looks like a black circle of death, and you can still move around in that 1.5 seconds, meaning you choose where you want to pop up.

1 Like

Though technically it is a different skill Tony’s taunt is simply a reverse direction fear where you are forced to basic attack.

I like the addition of fear, I dislike it being a talent. It will make her normal plays feel hollow in comparison.

I love her light side look. @Lun would have approved.

Her dark side is the mask. When she is light side she shows the mask. Dark side the mask shows backside only.

You cannot aa you are invulnerable and untargetable only thing you can do during this time is get away or go through people to slow. No damage is done unless a hero is still in the “pit” when she reappears

I like malene. For the first time in a long while im excited for this new hero the only hero i was hype before was churnwalker. Her kit is quite simple yet combo-ing it and timing it will be hard.

2 Likes