With the addition of turret barriers, having a proper comp is more important than anything as you cant cheese turrets and have to rely on fights. Flexible heroes and supports became the most important heroes to have (except Idris and Kestrel because their talents are so well balanced), and a comp like Glaive Fortress Ringo, which was previously seen as C and D tier heroes, could easily destroy a comp with S and A tier heroes like Celeste Skaarf Baron. But this also means that when your comp is countered by the enemy comp, there is little you can do to win.
A 3v3 BR gives too many uneven comps, hence BR should become a 5v5 mode instead. With a 5v5 BR mode, there will be much less uneven comps. The 5v5 vain crystal is also much better than the 3v3 vain crystal, and it makes the final push much more interesting instead of 1 hero being able to rush the crystal on his own. Some other changes I would like to see:
- Different types of random hero selections such as melee only, ranged only, mixed (minimum of 2 melee and ranged heroes will be selected).
- Heroes act as minions to turrets. When a hero steps into the turret range, the barrier will disappear. However, when they step out of the turret range, the turret will instantly gain back its barrier. When BR becomes a 5v5 mode, it will be almost impossible to push minion waves as there will always be heroes alive to defend their turret. This also makes the tactic of suiciding good again as you can actually damage the turret on your own instead of needing your minions.
- 5v5 BR matchmaking will have to be much less strict to maintain fast queue times.
- You can swap heroes with your teammates. Trust me, it will be better this way, especially when combined with the less strict matchmaking. It’s painful to see your teammate who has no idea how to play a hero which you are good at.
Oh boy, I don’t think I even need to explain why this need changes. But nevermind the broken talents and blitz elo encouraging people to use tryhard comps, blitz is still a pretty flawed mode as objective rushing simply gives so many more points compared to fighting. Even if there were no talents, comps like Krul Reim Phinn would be used instead. MAYBE if blitz elo is removed people won’t prioritize winning over having fun in a brawl mode. The points system in blitz should be reworked:
- Kills give 1 point
- First blood gives an additional 1 point
- Aces give an additional 1 point
- Getting killed loses 1 individual point that you gained (Meaning if you scored a point from killing someone and your teammate who haven’t scored a point dies, your team doesn’t lose a point. But if you scored a point but then die, your team loses a point.)
- Turrets and crystal sentry gives 2 points
- Gold miner spawns in only at 3 mins and gives 3 points
- REMOVE BLITZ ELO. Ranked and p2w shouldn’t be together.
- A “Random” hero pick, where you get assigned a random hero (including unowned heroes) but your talent levels for that hero are increased by 50%, not exceeding max level.
A talentless 1v1 brawl mode. Both players get the same randomly picked hero where they fight in a best of 5 in an onslaught match.
- Sames rules as Onslaught. If you missed out on that mode, here is what it was like. Don’t worry you didn’t miss out on much because it got ruined by talents and echo poopstrats.
- Can have a much stricter matchmaking as it only requires 2 players.
- Can have ranked points and a leaderboard as there are no talents and matches are fair for both players.