Made 2 accounts with the same email

I made an account about 5 years ago. Now I try to login the account, but I accidentally signed up instead of logging in. The thing is, I used the same email tht made the new account and I didn’t get any error messages. I have evidence that I used the same email as I sent an email to support 4 years ago, and it had my IGN and email with it. I am certain it is the same email.

I can’t get back my old account anymore, every time I try to log in with that email its only the new account.

That seems like something their support team should be able to fix. Did you submit a request via the support portal?

https://superevil.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I’d also attach a screenshot of your old email, as it might help satisfy them that you own the original account.

Also, welcome to the forum! :opaf:

Thanks! I am waiting for their reply now

2 Likes

Well, they said the username and email on support page doesn’t ‘always’ match with the game. :confused:

Looks like i’m not getting my account back

Wow, that kind of sucks. @HipsterSkaarf – do you know anyone in support any more? Silje used to be pretty helpful back in the day, but she’s long gone now. I don’t know who’s running their support team these days.

I remember once I had a problem with the Game Center there is games connected to it and I tried contacting Apple , but because the Apple ID created by my brother I contacted him and told him to make sure that’s the Apple ID is correct , then he remembered that he had two emails very close to each other , like the difference between them is same numbers different placement.

It could be your case , you made different emails with small difference that made you think you had one email , because as you said you were able to make a new account with the same email and that’s a sign of wrong email , or vainglory deleted your account for some reason .

1 Like

Yea, but I only use one email which is my full name and no numbers. Im sure I didnt get the email wrong. Unless the email associated to my account changed?

Vainglory making a chaos because of the no confirmation email , I could make an account with a fake email , a lot of smurfs made by a fake email , if you forget the password your account is gone because the email is fake , I remember in the old forum people wanted to change their account emails .

So the problem here is you could made a mistake with your email and registered anyway , do you remember yourself logging in and out and typing the email or it was always logged in , or the email there saved you just type the password.

This.

SEMC’s approach to account security has always been cavalier, unfortunately. That’s not too far out of the norm for gaming companies – also unfortunately – though there are notable exceptions such as Blizzard and CCP (EVE Online) that permit (and encourage) the use of authenticator apps/devices to secure player accounts.