Low to mid tier builds. 3v3 and 5v5 Tips for newbies

Alright this thread is about low to mid tier hero builds. Mainly to help tier four solo queuing people like me to get out of tier four.

Some heroes I find that people can not use in my tier are krul and just about any captain hero. Now that I think about it, most jungelers arent played well in tier four (this is off the top of my head). But anyways, here is one build for us noobs.

Krul: Alrighr I see a lot of assassin and glass cannon kruls. As appealing as it may sound to have insane life steal, it’s just bad. So here is my favorite krul build in detail.
Alright so beginning of the game get a swift shooter and boots. Yes you heard me, boots. Boots will help you stick to the opponents jungler early stage. Don’t be afraid to engage the enemy at the beginning because you are the king of duels. Just get your captain to back you up.
After you have farmed and mining has begun, get a blazing salve and a dragon heart. Then upgrade to shiversteal for first tier 3 item. Shiver steal gives you extra health, attack speed and just helps you gank the lane. Feel free to constantly steal enemy jungle camps with your captain. Get another blazing salvo, light armor or shield, and a reflex block. Build towards a breaking point. After your breaking point build a slumbering husk and Crucible. The crucible both benefits you, and your team. Also, krul can recover pretty well from burst damage if you have good defense, so no need to get an aegis. During the time when you build breaking point, crucible, and slumbering husk you should have at least travel boots. Upgrade them into journey boots. The last item is situational. Word of advise, for this situational item, make sure your team benefits from it and not just you. Instead of a tornado trigger or sorrowblade instead maybe get a bonesaw if your wp carry doesnt have armor piercing. Or you can get a fountain of renewal if the Carries on your team have trouble staying alive.

Save your ultimate. Let’s say you are engaging an enemy hero in a team fight and your carry is being attacked. Use your ultimate yo protect that carry and engage whoever is attacking them, chances are you kill that person while saving your carry. Much better trade off than getting a kill and your carry dying.
You can also use your ultimate to protect your captain from stuns when they are using their ultimate. (Adagio, Ardan, and Catherine especially) That extra crowd control is much better than stunning the enemy carry. Also, the reverse works well. Stunning the enemy captain when they try to use their ultimate is beneficial to your team. Finally, stay away from whoever has pauldron. Infact, use your reflex block for it. Helps you get the kill and keep you alive.

That’s all there is for this build. Do share builds so we can learn and get better. Spread the knowledge.

3 Likes

Alright back again, this time with how to play captain
Tips

• get a fountain of Renewal
    Seriously, the fountain is I’d say required in all good captain builds. It heals teammates, especially almost dead ones.

• Get a crucible
    This is basically a teamwide reflex block. A must in all good captain builds.

• Do not constantly shoving turret in one lane
    This is more of your junglers job. I’m not saying to not go in lane, just don’t stay in one.

• Let your carries and junglers get the last hit
    You’ll still get a good amount of gold if your are near the people last hitting.

• get crowd control items like pulsewave and atlas pauldron
    You got to have that crowd control. Pulse wave is good choice. Atlas pauldron I’d more situational like if their is a krul on the enemy team or if everyone is building attack speed. Atlas pauldron brings enemy"s attack speed down tremendously.

These are just a few tips on how to be a better captain. I’ll update this thread once in awhile and everyone is free to add tips and builds. Share the knowledge.

Meet Lance, the orgasmic screaming champion.

-Powerful root
-Powerful stun
-Damage reduction
-Ez repositioning
-Multihit
-Tanky.

How to lance:

Honestly, it’s about landing impale and using your b to shove enemies into a wall. There are LOTS of places you can stun enemies. Combing A and B is devastating to enemy carries.

Use your C to re position to land a and b

My personal Lance build

Buy oak heart , iron guard contract, and 1 scout mine. Place your cam at the tip of your tri bust and your scout near the treant.

Build fountain, and t2 boots.

Build Crucible and t1 armor

IF enemy wp not very strong or attack speed based, keep the armor but start building Rook’s decree.

IF enemy wp like krul or decently strong, build atlas pauldron.

Your core is Fountain, Crucible, T2 boots, and Atlas typically.

After that, you can build some offense. Note: Cp on lance will improve his damage reduction, so After shock can do great offense and give a bit of defense.

I recco making B first, so you can block status effects and have high damage reduction, and then max A.

Alright. I expect to see you screaming while impaling on the fold.

“aauugugugugh”

I would personally shy away from suggesting newbies to farm as a roam. Yes, the roam can have some farm but it’s situational - such as low health near high health allies grabbing treant, near late game when your allies are BC and the ambient is enough to keep their infusions, or when a minion is about to die with no carry near you ( as then it would simply be a waste of gold to not last hit, as long as you aren’t pushing a frozen lane ) - and many newbies don’t understand this.

My least favorite thing is a roam who is keeping up in cs with their carry or jungle. It should never happen. I advise all newbies to simply not farm and as they get a better understanding of the game, they can see when to ignore that. It’s much more difficult to teach the reverse.

1 Like

@Moose
Yeah I should definently be more clear about the farm, will update post.

Alright back again this time with Taka builds.

5v5 builds:
Sorrowblade, Breaking point, poison shiv/bonesaw, 2 defensive items and journey boots.
This build is a 3 item build and is really viable in 5v5 meta. I can get 9 kill snowballs with this build regularly.

3v3 builds
Stormcrown, Shatterglass, clockwork, aftershock, 1 defense item, and boots.
This build I hardly use because I cant really play cp Taka well. However, I can get some pretty good kills against any hero with it. The low cooldown means you can dance around the fight and keep up damage.
Sorrowblade, Tension Bow, Tyrant Monicle, 2 defense items, journey boots.
This build is just straight up damage. Pros and newbies alike, this 3 item build is a fun one.

Will add to my taka builds because Taka is the best.

Idk but I use a modified version of what Nivmett used.

Ill try to remember his build: SB 2Tms boots? @Nivmett idk if you’re still here but…

My modified build is SSW BP 2TM and boots and husk.

Fully stacked (BP) can allow your AAs to reach 850 per auto which is insane.

Edit Found it Lol

1 Like

@RiseChu
Will have to try this build.

Also gonna have to make a table of contents for this thread soon

Alrighty back again, this time with how to jungle and roam correctly. I have found a few early game rotations throughout my 5v5 and 3v3 battles, but I’m gonna mainly talk about 5v5.
So there are 2 ways to rotate, aggressively or passively.

Agressive: This involves ganking too or bottom land before doing anything else. After this gank take the nearest buff and gank mid lane. Once you gank mid lane you can choose to gank the finale lane or farm.
This type of rotation is best suited for assassins like Taka or really any early game jungler.

Passive: This involves first taking gold tryant and wp buff before doing anything else. You can choose to then gank bottom or mid, or just continue farming until you have both buffs. This type of rotation is best for late game heroes like krul, who needs to get a few levels before ganking.
There are some other rotations and other variations but I find these 2 to be pretty reliable.

What items to generally build:

• Fountain renewal: Usually build this if your health gets pretty low during fights. Mostly for you but you can activate the fountain for your team. Also, build this if your captain hasn’t
    *Pulse Wave: You will find yourself grabbing everyone’s attention in a 5v5 match. That’s just usually how it is. Pulse wave gives a lot of health so you wont get annihilated. It also does a little bit of damage and a teamwide slow. Really useful in my opinion.

Tips on how not to die:
Jungler builds usually have 3 offensive items, 2 defensive items, and boots. Assassin builds have 4 offensive items, 1 defensive items, and boots. GET DEFENSE.

Stay at the edge of the fight until you can kill someone.

Wait until the initial burst damage has been done. Then start fighting. The start of teamfights is where a lot of abilities are used.

Make sure your captain can back you up. If the captain is using warning signs and or stopped following you, then back off. Your captain knows what’s best.

That’s all for now. Will try to update posts. Spread the knowledge.