Lag gameplay

Does anyone else experiencing this? I got more lag and lag this update. Maybe they are shutting down servers. I’m still using the same networks before and it was decent game play until now.

They’ve stated more than once that they aren’t doing that, but something seems to be adversely affecting network performance. Their networking code has always been a weak point, and I think the fact that its shortcomings are becoming more apparent might be an indication that the network infrastructure isn’t what it used to be. Maybe they’re not paying for as much bandwidth as before? Since they rarely discuss anything having to do with the technical side of the game, we’re all just left guessing … and frustrated.

2 Likes

They will not announce that for obvious reasons, but I am pretty sure that their infrastructure is quite trimmed down and to the point that even with the lower players base it shows big time.

Once again, they’ve specifically denied that their infrastructure has been trimmed down.

Yep, but this can’t be true. :slight_smile:

So you’re saying they’re lying? Do you have some sort of proof to the contrary?

As I said above:

1 Like

If their infrastructure has not been trimmed down, then it’s probably what hazeleyes said; that is they are not paying as much bandwidth as before or they just don’t maintain the networking code anymore, don’t interested in fixing it like the EU chat. Either way, the lag seems more apparent.

2 Likes

Not paying for bandwidth is also included when “shrinking infrastructure” is used in a more free form.

In all cases they did cut costs regarding that part or messed their network code even farther, tho I would heavily speculate it’s the former.

Should had made it clearer what I mean, was driving returning from vacation and writing on a short break.

2 Likes

Hhmm, I see what you did there. Humblebrag? Just kidding, enjoy your break! :wink:

1 Like

Tried 4.9 today and the good news is that the UI is fixed for the new iphones and I would guess the delay was because of this.

The bad news is that the lag is really that bad this update and almost unplayable. Also worth mentioning is that on top of the lag and desync that comes with it, they didn’t fix the questionable performance and the delay lag problem on the map, and on higher levels you really do a lot of picks in/out of zones and this goes double on smaller screens, i.e. phones. This lag is non existent on my note 9 nor my iphone 6s and is really handicapping me.

1 Like

VG is almost dead (to me). The lags are insanely brutal and I can’t play. GJ, they managed to kill the little left into that game… /rage

1 Like

That’s sad to hear. The game drains my battery a lot after one game in order to have stable connections. Such a beautiful game but wasted potentials. Idk if Rogue will fix the lag or not, let’s hope they will.

Also I found a bug on krul (tier 3 heavy metal skin) - it does not show the hits when counting the marks, it shows only the last one with the skull in the centre. That way it’s hard to track how many stacks you got. I am sure it was alright previous update on that skin.

The lag is just that bad. I am so disappointed…

1 Like

There’s a bug in Saw B too, which is he doesn’t fire at all when pressing B on him sometimes. But if you are disappointed, why don’t you check out L3oN youtube channel? He’s one of the best and uploads a lot of vainglory games recently and carries a positive atmosphere to the game despite its current state.

I am watching him from quite back in the time + from when he started streaming again on his new channel. I am one of his first subs there. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh I see, It’s good to see some people sill invest a lot of time in the game.

1 Like